★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for new game

08-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Looking for new game

I have recently finished
Angry Birds
Jim and Frank
Helsing's Fire
iBlast Moki

I am looking for more games like either Angry Birds or iBlast Moki. I have fragger, and crush the castle. But, alas they are fun but aren't grabbing me like the previously mentioned.
08-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Castle Smasher

08-05-2010, 12:40 PM
There's a really big thread for this.
It even says "sticky" and is the first one in the long list of threads.

Last edited by backtothis; 08-05-2010 at 12:44 PM.
08-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbernritter View Post
I have recently finished
Angry Birds
Jim and Frank
Helsing's Fire
iBlast Moki

I am looking for more games like either Angry Birds or iBlast Moki. I have fragger, and crush the castle. But, alas they are fun but aren't grabbing me like the previously mentioned.
I'd say you like puzzles with levels and with a mood and a background and no real action game (well there are mini action games in Jim and Frank but that's not the point of the game).

For trajectory+physic games (a bit like iBlask Moki and Angry Birds) you could try:
  • The package, like many physic based games it will involves tries to find the exact solving, but like does iBlask Moki and Angry Birds. It use more diversified tools than iBlask Moki and will make you think a lot. But I suspect you could find it too serious and without the right mood.
  • Isaac Newton's Gravity, there's also a lite version. But it is even more serious and rather tricky

Perhaps you could look in the section of platform games that are puzzle oriented with no real action to disturb:
  • Trundle, this plateform game is using physics, trajectories and has a nice mood, don't forget wait for the little personages comments that you met through many levels. Alas there's no demo on iphone. And its mood is more intriguing and a little poetic than purely funny, it gently funny, perhaps it will not match your tastes.
  • Despicable Me: Minion Mania. That's an underrated game and it could have all you want, fun mood, good puzzles, really an excellent game, there's also a lite version to try.
  • Orlando 1&2, I haven't yet played any them enough to have a really personal opinion but from what I played and what I read form other, those have a good chance to match you expectations.

EDIT: It's a little out of topic but a match 3 like game, with a real approach of levels design by opposition to "beat the score" match 3 games, it's Call of Atlantis. Probably not fully at same top levels of those quoted above, but rather good game anyway, and the levels approach is rather interesting. Even if an element is the time, there's a real feeling of levels design and progression and not through time limit reduction. It has also a background story but well a bit cold probably.

Last edited by Qordobo; 08-05-2010 at 02:06 PM.
08-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Jump o clock
runstickrun2
Snood
TowerBloxx
Ragdoll Blaster 2

These game are all good and you should check them out.

Plus and Openfeint Accounts: Snowdude11
08-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdude11 View Post
Jump o clock
runstickrun2
Snood
TowerBloxx
Ragdoll Blaster 2

Oddy Smog > JoC.

Invaders Must Die.
08-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Oddy Smog > JoC.
That too.

08-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdude11 View Post
Jump o clock
runstickrun2
Snood
TowerBloxx
Ragdoll Blaster 2

Mmm can't believe I don't know any, what a newbie I am. Quoted, they are physic based? It is missing a best puzzle games thread not dig deep into the garbage of Mass what should I get.

EDIT: Mmm I know a ragdoll like game, probably a port from the original game coming from PC. My heart broke so much each time the doll get massacred that I really hated the game! Even forget its name.

Last edited by Qordobo; 08-05-2010 at 02:19 PM.
08-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
There's a really big thread for this.
It even says "sticky" and is the first one in the long list of threads.
Not to be rude but I personally think some people do these type threads to get more answers (he has gotten more answers than most people get in the mass thread). I could be wrong, but he has a decent amount of posts to not have seen the mass thread...
08-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Mmm can't believe I don't know any, what a newbie I am. Quoted, they are physic based? It is missing a best puzzle games thread not dig deep into the garbage of Mass what should I get.
I good and awesome puzzle game would be SIgma. Beat only half of it so for. I just have no more time to pllay with this game any more.