★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Arctic thunder!!!

03-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Arctic thunder!!!

Ok, everyone has played the game, arctic thunder, it is the snow mobiling game where you sit on the snow mobile and race snowmobiles (at all game places such as dave & busters, gameworks, and maybe chucky cheeses, haha), i was thinking that that would be the sweetest game ever for the iphone and is totally do-able, it is where you are the yeti or something and you get powerups and kisk people off their snow mobiles. i would definately pay $20 if the game was somewhat close to how good it is at the arcade

iMob friend code: 100143586, name: The G0dfather
03-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicarolina View Post
Ok, everyone has played the game, arctic thunder, it is the snow mobiling game where you sit on the snow mobile and race snowmobiles (at all game places such as dave & busters, gameworks, and maybe chucky cheeses, haha), i was thinking that that would be the sweetest game ever for the iphone and is totally do-able, it is where you are the yeti or something and you get powerups and kisk people off their snow mobiles. i would definately pay $20 if the game was somewhat close to how good it is at the arcade
contact skyworks they have many arcade games maybe they would do this.

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEW IPHONE AHHHH I WANT IT SO BAD I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STILL USES THE ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G.

03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
I'd prefer hydro thunder, but would be happy with this too.

Plus+ (Eliminate): CBraun53

Favorite games: Bounce On, Car Jack Streets, Blue Defense!, AlienMangle, Snail Mail, Mouse About
03-04-2009, 08:46 PM
YES!! I love this game! I played it all the time at my old pizza place! Only thing is the vibration. That was a big part of the arcade version, and it wouldn't work on iPod touch, only iPhone. Other than that, sounds like a great idea for a port!
03-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Yeah, this could be good. I remember playing it at a local bowling alley. It was One of my favorire arcade games I do believe.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
03-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscal View Post
YES!! I love this game! I played it all the time at my old pizza place! Only thing is the vibration. That was a big part of the arcade version, and it wouldn't work on iPod touch, only iPhone. Other than that, sounds like a great idea for a port!
also the version at my laser tag had these little fans that blew wind on you to give you the feeling of speed.
03-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
also the version at my laser tag had these little fans that blew wind on you to give you the feeling of speed.
Ask Apple to include fans and vibration in 3rd gen iPod touch!

No but seriously, the iPod touch should have vibration.