★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iPad and iPhone 4 Retina Display support enabled in Kick Flick 2010! ($0.99)

08-06-2010, 06:41 AM
iPad and iPhone 4 Retina Display support enabled in Kick Flick 2010! ($0.99)

Hey chaps and chaperinos,

I've added iPad and iPhone 4 Retina Display support to Kick Flick 2010 as a free update, rather than making the iPad version separate. It's an experiment to see if people respond to and like us game developers bundling all the versions into one download so you don't have to buy it again for iPad. Based on the sales and App Store reviews, I'll be looking to make this a standard feature in all my new games.

The price is permanently set at $0.99 USD.

HD versions aside, it's a pretty hefty update too. Hope you like it!

http://kickflickgame.com

What's New In Version 1.1.0
⸰ Now supports both iPad and iPhone 4 Retina Display for HD gameplay.
⸰ New game mode "10 Kicks".
⸰ Flick power accuracy is now calculated accurately for even more precise control. Players of older versions will take time to get used to it, but trust us, it's worth it!
⸰ Ball trails in replay.
⸰ 6 new achievements to earn.
⸰ Game mode "Normal" has changed name to "5 Lives", gets various gameplay refinements.
⸰ Improved ball lighting and rendering.
⸰ "OpenFeint" and "Restart Game" options added to the pause menu.
⸰ Fixed bug causing physics to run too fast on some devices.
⸰ Various smaller bug fixes.
08-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Of course that's the way we'd like it, lol.
Fragmentation is bad for the platform and the users.

😈
08-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticktron View Post
Of course that's the way we'd like it, lol.
Fragmentation is bad for the platform and the users.
Sticktron, yes me too. I buy a lot of games myself and hate having to buy them a second time usually at a more expensive price for iPad. I guess this experiment is to see whether it is worth us developers putting the iPad version in the same download, hoping that customers appreciate the value and we get more sales and better reviews. Time will tell.

Last edited by PixelsOnToast; 08-06-2010 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Grammatical error!