★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lux DLX Update finally out

03-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Lux DLX Update finally out

If you have the game, you know about the speed issue.

Version 1.1 has been released and the description says "speed optimization".

Hopefully this isn't some old patch as the app store constantly prompts me to download old updates. But iTunes says the current version is 1.0.

Honestly, I hate the update system sometimes. I download 4 'new' updates, then I get prompted to download them again immediately after! So I dl just the LUX update, then I get prompted to download the old update! Makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited by VoodooVyper; 03-04-2009 at 10:37 PM.
03-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Is there an online guide on how to play this? I love risk and I've read the instructions and it was a relatively pricey app and I haven't played it because I don't know how

03-04-2009, 10:51 PM
This is good news. I'm sure a lot more people will be playing this including myself.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Yup downloading now
I think there's new maps too

Recommended Games: JunkJack
03-04-2009, 10:54 PM
I don't understand, the game seems even more broken than it was before...

First of all, it still runs like garbage. Now instead of slow laggy gameplay, it slows down then speeds up to catch up...
The other thing I noticed is the bonus don't get applied properly. I was sure I had conquered an area that gave a +2 bonus, yet my troops/turn remained at 3.
The OTHER thing I noticed was a graphical flaw with the playerboard on the bottom left, having 5 players and the "box" around it only covers the first two players.

We've been waiting forever for this update, this is terrible support for a high priced game.

Edit: well I restarted my Touch and the speed seems a little better. But I'm sure the bonus+troop system is broken. I'm sure of it, unfortunately.

Last edited by VoodooVyper; 03-04-2009 at 11:02 PM.
03-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
I don't understand, the game seems even more broken than it was before...

First of all, it still runs like garbage. Now instead of slow laggy gameplay, it slows down then speeds up to catch up...
The other thing I noticed is the bonus don't get applied properly. I was sure I had conquered an area that gave a +2 bonus, yet my troops/turn remained at 3.
The OTHER thing I noticed was a graphical flaw with the playerboard on the bottom left, having 5 players and the "box" around it only covers the first two players.

We've been waiting forever for this update, this is terrible support for a high priced game.
Just when I thought my hopes were up.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Lux DLX is a bigger mess than before. So much for the update. This is as bad as the update to Asphalt 4.

Seriously, it's time everyone go buy vConqr...that's what I play and will now continue to play.
03-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Lux DLX is a bigger mess than before. So much for the update. This is as bad as the update to Asphalt 4.

Seriously, it's time everyone go buy vConqr...that's what I play and will now continue to play.
Has anybody else experienced flaws with the bonus system now?
03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Than I just won't update. It wasn't very laggy on my iPod Touch and everything worked quite good. If this update makes a mess of it I'll just keep the old version. Who agrees?
03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
I really don't understand the complaints. I updated and it fixed everything. The game runs perfect now.

Are you guys using jailbroken devices or something?

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0