★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Deep terror: You are a deadly predator who snacks on unsuspecting bathers!

Those nasty humans keep making shark fin soup, so it's time to turn the tables! Turn into an ocean predator; avenge your relatives and snap anything in your jaws that comes in the way of your mighty bite: swimmers, rubber ducks, beach babes and more. Watch from the sea bed as these lethal hunters strike with chilling speed and efficiency and even gobble up your own friends! Yummy! Collect achievements to let your feeding machine reach new levels. Discover new abilities and instincts, allocate killpoints to give your feisty fish some personal training and make it even more dangerous. Compare your best scores with those of your friends, and enjoy a reign of pure terror in the highscore rankings!

Features:
- Shark simulator with comic strip visuals and lots of black humor
- Route planning and real-time hunting
- Different types of swimmers
- Use your own friends as shark bait
- Internet highscore
- Different scenarios with varied graphics
- Buy special expansion packs for individual shark shenanigans
- Multiplayer feeding frenzy competition in Versus mode (iPad)

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

08-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Game Impressions

Cute and stupid (in a good way)!

It is not just a rip of Hungry Shark but something kind of fun and unique.

You play a Shark that you control by dragging and tapping on the screen (the shark follows your finger on the screen and by tapping a swimmer he'll munch them.

The game is entirely viewed from top down and, much like Hungry Shark, it is all about satiating his intense hunger as efficiently as possible by constantly chomping on swimmers. If his stomach ever empties the game is over. Part of the art of the game is plotting out a route that will let you snag many swimmers in rapid succession for combo scoring (like planning stuff so you can swim rapidly by in a slight arc as opposed to grabbing a swimmer and then having to make a u-turn to then grab somebody across the screen by which point you'll lose the combo).

There is a slight RPG aspect in the fact that making any of the game's many achievements will gain you an experience level which lets you in turn add to any of your shark's 3 statistics (Speed, Rage, and Hunger). You also are allowed to choose your one "Instinct" (a fun game modifying little passive ability). Unless I'm missing something you can change this perk at will in the middle of the game (like lose your terror ability that stuns victims in place to suddenly switch to the stealth ability so swimmers don't alert to your presences as quickly).

The game uses the Freemium model kind of cleverly. A base free and fairly complete game with three separate $1 in app purchase expansions. I can't recall what each added exactly (once you've bought all 3 you no longer even see the OPTION to buy he expansions). Buying any of them will stop the banner ads and I recall there being a "Meat Pack" that added more variety in victims as well as a "Blood Pack" that adds more gore and shark abilities.

Good fun 5/5

P.S. Oh, and it's a universal with some multiplayer-same-device stuff in the iPad version I haven't tried out yet.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

08-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the impressions LG picking up now

Ok so picked this up and I totally with you LG great little game in fact I liked it so much I bought all 3 packs

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 08-07-2010 at 11:05 AM.
08-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Gonna try this, downloading now.
08-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Thygrrr
Thanks for the favorable review, LordGek!

Yes, you can always re-spec during the game; we wanted to encourage some experimentation there. Some of the "shark builds" are better when you have few kill-points, and some work better when you are at a higher level. The Bloody Jaws instinct to get into Blood Rage more easily won't help you much if you're in danger of starving and victims get away too often; for example. In those situations, it's often smarter to re-spec to Terror Fish or Silent Predator and try to round up some VIPs before going for the score-maximization instincts again.

We at Handy-Games hope folks will enjoy the game as much as we enjoyed making it; and player feedback is always appreciated!
08-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Looks like i'm going to download this

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
08-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thygrrr View Post
Thanks for the favorable review, LordGek!

Yes, you can always re-spec during the game; we wanted to encourage some experimentation there. Some of the "shark builds" are better when you have few kill-points, and some work better when you are at a higher level. The Bloody Jaws instinct to get into Blood Rage more easily won't help you much if you're in danger of starving and victims get away too often; for example. In those situations, it's often smarter to re-spec to Terror Fish or Silent Predator and try to round up some VIPs before going for the score-maximization instincts again.

We at Handy-Games hope folks will enjoy the game as much as we enjoyed making it; and player feedback is always appreciated!
Actually cool that I got later is that this "re-speccing" can only occur on a level up. Re-formulate all you want when you have points to spend but in the meantime you're locked out of the lab. I like this as it means you can't just re-spec at will UNLESS you've earned the right to go back into the room...as it were (or maybe made a point not to spend all of your current killpoints).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Really like the game and its animation, I will definately be picking up all 3 expansion packs. While not as visually good as Hungry Shark, I feel the gameplay is more fun in this game.
08-09-2010, 07:59 AM
How do you get into blood rage?
08-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iFanzine
Looks good. Must be actually if no-one's moaning about the freemium aspect

The latest iPhone & iPad games. Reviewed. iFanzine.com
"Awesome!"-StudioUFO "Very well written"-Foursaken Media "Cool, Love it!"-Bulkypix