★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: JSeuss Software
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 22.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Challenge your mind while delighting your senses. Marbellous is a puzzle game for your iPad that gives you amazing 3D graphics, lets you listen to your music while playing and engages your brain fully. You will become so totally immersed in Marbellous that you may forget to come out. Click More to learn why you should download this App today!

Its been in my head since Saturday, in that addictive way all good puzzle games get to you. I do the crossword, do the Suduko then wonder what Im missing and, well, its Marbellous. I like it!
- Beth Battrick, early gameplay tester

Youre on a mission. Today is the day that you intend to finally beat the Marbellous game. Easy, think about that move. Studying the board, its hard not to imagine that its real. Thanks to the incredible 3D graphics, you can almost smell the wood that holds the marbles in place.

Okay, youre sure you know where to put that next marble and you swipe it into place. Did you make the right decision?

Marbellous is a challenging puzzle game for your iPad that realistically mimics a table top marble puzzle. Its easy to learn how to play but much more difficult to become a master Marbellous player.

There are only a few rules for this game and only one mission. Your main objective is to fill the 3D game board with marbles. Sounds easy, right? Thats how it draws you in. Youll think its a piece of cake until you actually try it. Youre going to have to put some careful thought into your moves if you ever hope to win.

You dont have to worry about distractions while playing Marbellous. The interface is not only crystal clear 3D, its also very clean. There are no menus, nor is there any clutter to keep you from concentrating. Just drag and drop and youre done. Simple and efficient.

If you like to hear music while you play, youre in luck. Marbellous lets you listen to your iPad music while enjoying your game. Just pick your favorite songs and enjoy. Youll be happy and so will your ears.

Look at the exciting and fun features you get with Marbellous:
* Intuitive interface - just drag and drop
* Clean screen - no menus, no clutter
* Simple to learn - hard to master
* Real brain teaser - without careful thought, filling the board with marbles will be nearly impossible
* Total immersion made to feel like youre using a real marble set
* Plays well with iPad music Listen to favorite tracks while playing
* Uses advanced 3D rendering technologies available to iPad

What are you waiting for? If you think youre up to the challenge of this extremely addictive game then download Marbellous now. Theres no time like the present to immerse yourself totally in challenging fun.

See this App in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ls49v_GGg

[Marbellous is a game made by TOME Studios, and released by JSeuss Software]

TOMEStudios's comments:
Hi,

It's Josh here, the lead developer/designer of Isochron (JSeuss Software) and the lead developer and co-designer of Lost Company (TOME Studios). In an effort to raise some funds to be able to complete both Lost Company and Isochron sooner, I spent a couple of weeks with Moj on TOME Studios' latest release: Marbellous.

Marbellous is an addictive marble puzzle game played out on a traditional wooden tabletop board.

While the rules are easy to master, it's a hard game to win. This is definitely a puzzle that'll keep you occupied for quite some time.. And with the spinnable 3D board that looks great on iPad, it's well worth the $0.99 price tag

You're required to fill the board with marbles but you'll notice that the board is arranged as a tree. Placing closer to the center requires matching the colour of one parent marble, and the symbol of the other. To make things even tricker, you can only place from the 4 randomly selected marbles currently in your 'hand' meaning you really have to think about the consequences of every move and plan ahead.

We'd love to hear from the first person out there to manage to solve this one (who doesn't have the benefit of writing it..), and if puzzles are only kinda your thing, at least it's going to help Isochron and Lost Company.

So check it out - it's Marbellous!
08-07-2010, 08:34 PM

Congrats on the release! It looks really cool, do you have a gameplay vid?

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!

08-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Nice, another puzzle game! Looks marvelous
And this one has awesome graphics!

08-07-2010, 08:44 PM
It does look good, but I would love to see a video.
08-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
It does look good, but I would love to see a video.
1+

08-07-2010, 09:03 PM
The rules are explained in the first post but the video highlight some details not in the post.

It could be nice to alternate with Tesserae, I'm very tempted even more with the nice price.
08-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Gameplay video I found:

YouTube: video
Awesome, thanks! That does look really cool. /wishlisted

08-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Ouch that's a pure puzzle, the starting pieces are always the same, two of each. You have always a hand of four took randomly among the starting pieces. When you use one it is replaced by one pieces not used.

Then you can put pieces you want on borders but all other are a cross of two close pieces already placed and then must match one color or a piece and one form of the other.

That's all. Ouch one decision has consequences very far because of the placement rules. So better think ahead if you want be able win.
08-09-2010, 04:59 AM
And here's another video of the game playing on iPad.

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
And this one has awesome graphics!
Thanks!

I'm really impressed with how the graphics turned out - especially when you're interacting with the board. Moj did a really good job on all the models.