Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Old 08-07-2010, 06:22 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default Is it ossible to use iFile to hack into any game so it always shows the status bar?

I have noticed that in iFile i can modify plist files for appstore apps. I have very little programming experience so dont know what any of the stuff means but i have noticed that in plists called 'info' there is commonly a line saying 'UIStatusBarHidden' or something like that. What do i have to change to make games show the status bar?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

check the value underneath it if its true change to false if its 1 change it to 0
Old 08-16-2010, 03:18 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Just try it! And thanks for the idea. I'm going to give that a shot in Camera+, which really bugs me in it not showing the status bar. Will report back with result.

And the result is yes! However, you have to "respring" or reboot for it to take effect. Also, in the case of Camera+, the status bar slightly obscures the flash button and the camera selector (front facing or back) buttons, however they still work. Nice! And thanks for the idea! Probably going to do this with some other apps too.

EDIT: results weren't as good in Carcassonne. It resulted in some annoying display artifacts. So it looks like how well this works depends on the App. Worth a shot, anyway. I went back to "false" for Carcassonne.

Last edited by crunc; 08-16-2010 at 03:26 PM..
Old 08-17-2010, 01:29 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Actually as it turns out it does weird stuff in Camera+ too. I'm sure there's some apps out there for which this would work OK, but Camera+ and Carcassonne are NOT two of them. I went back to having the status bar disabled in them.