★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: 9, 11 & 12 Men's Morris for iPad & iPhone

08-08-2010, 08:52 AM
9, 11 & 12 Men's Morris + promo codes

I'm pleased to announce the release of Morris for iPad & iPhone (universal).

9 Men's Morris, 11 Men's Morris, 12 Men's Morris, all in one.

Polished high-resolution graphics for iPad & iPhone4.

Heaps of different boards & pieces to choose from.

10 difficulty levels to challenge all levels of player.

Check it out, I hope you like it!

Promo Codes:
Please post below if you claim one.
An AppStore review would be appreciated.

Last edited by quantumclockwork; 08-10-2010 at 07:59 AM. Reason: promo codes
08-08-2010, 10:30 AM
It looks very nice and I am a big fan of 9MM, but I have been burned by a couple of bad version of the iTunes store.

How well does yours play?

08-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I kept tinkering with the AI for over a year before I felt it played well enough to release!
There are 10 levels, though the top couple of levels can take awhile to figure out their move. I can't beat it at those levels (nor the highest of the fast levels, either). None of my friends & family have been able to beat those levels either!

One thing that was key to getting the AI to play well was to get it to avoid repeated positions. Nothing is more annoying than going around in circles. That said, if you're playing 9 Men with Flying enabled, you need to be really careful before you take the opponent down to 3 pieces, otherwise a draw is highly likely.

I find the AI even stronger in the 11 & 12 Men's variations; it seems to deal with all the diagonals better than I do.

If you have problems with the AI's play, or would like extra rule variations, I'd be happy to try to address them.

Last edited by quantumclockwork; 08-08-2010 at 10:45 AM.
08-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Promo Codes!

I've added 10 Promo-Codes above.
Please post if you claim one; and a review would be appreciated.
08-10-2010, 09:07 AM
I took 9YXM47FT7Y47. Thanks.

So far, I can say that the production values are excellent. Great graphics, smooth gameplay, lots of statistics, saves your game state, etc. I want to play a bit more to see how strong the AI is and then I will leave a more complete review here and on iTunes. So far I have played 4 full games. I won the first three easily against Newcomer, Minion and Scholar, and then tied against Sage. Sage still plays pretty quickly, and Sorcerer is not too bad (a couple of seconds per move).

I would say that you can probably drop the first few levels. It looks nice to have 9 different strengths, but Newcomer and Minion both appeared to be making almost random moves. I think Scholar is probably as easy as you need to go.
08-10-2010, 09:45 AM

I'd say you're a pretty good player! I kept reducing the strength of Newcomer until some of my friends were able to beat it on their first try -- I wanted there to be levels suitable for all comers.

A friend just sent me a photo of his young daughter playing it on iPad -- I doubt she could cope with the Scholar level; I find it hard enough myself! :-)
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Just saw this. I'm sure the codes will be gone by the time I return from my commute. I'm a fan of 9 Man Morris, but I NEVER knew there was an 11 and 12 man version, too? This app looks interesting. The varied gameboards definitely accentuates the overall feel of the game just from the screens alone. Great job!

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
08-10-2010, 02:57 PM
All one

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
08-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Just got killed playing it on Sorcerer. Its a little slower (maybe 2-3 seconds per move) but still very playable.

Well done. I just left you a positive review on the App Store.
08-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
All one
Is this supposed to be "All gone" minus the "g"? If so, then that deserves a frowny face.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic