★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How to change the seller name?

08-08-2010, 11:54 AM
How to change the seller name?

Hi all

I want to change the seller name in app store (not copyright).

Please seniors help me with the proper way. No matter if it takes long process/time. I really need to know this as I want to hide my name in seller name.

Hope an useful detailed reply.
Thnks all in advance.
08-08-2010, 04:33 PM
If I understood the rules correctly when I made my account, you have to register as an company to change/hide your name.

08-09-2010, 06:48 AM
As i know, there is no way to change the seller's name. The seller's name always will be the name have you been registered with Apple. You must to register a company if you don't like your name there, but it's not possible to change it.
08-13-2010, 12:40 AM
I think you can register as an individual and somehow "upgrade" your account to be registered as an enterprise.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Founder & Lead Developer
Gando Games | Twitter | Hex Reaction | Hex Reaction Free
08-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan044 View Post
Hi all

I want to change the seller name in app store (not copyright).

Please seniors help me with the proper way. No matter if it takes long process/time. I really need to know this as I want to hide my name in seller name.

Hope an useful detailed reply.
Thnks all in advance.
You can change your seller name. I have done it. You have to email itunesconnect@apple.com

It can take quite a while to get a response. Also your tax info will need to be changed first to reflect the new name. All in all I think the process took about 2 months for me.

Sketch Nation - Create Your Own Game!
Works on iOS, Android, Mac and PC!
Just go to http://sketchnationapp.com/
08-14-2010, 01:29 PM
thanks all

thank you very much all of you. specially Nitzan .... thank you for sharing your own experience. I will share mine after being successful.
08-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitzan View Post
You can change your seller name. I have done it. You have to email itunesconnect@apple.com

It can take quite a while to get a response. Also your tax info will need to be changed first to reflect the new name. All in all I think the process took about 2 months for me.
Are you a registered entity? From my understanding, there's no need to upgrade your account in any way but you have to prove the new name is indeed registered.

Nexx Studio - Indie Game Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!