★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Softmines
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 26.6 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: ------------------------------------------
Over 1.3 million downloads till now
------------------------------------------

Description:

Bloody Hell is a fast-paced, bloodthirsty game that puts the player into the shoes of a man hell-bent on taking the ultimate retribution from his adversariestheir deaths. Using a wide variety of weaponry including guns, bombs and nuclear explosions, players can wreak destruction on any and all figures that dare to cross their path.

The game envisages the user to apply a strategy to kill the characters because the ammunition for certain kind of weapons is limited and moreover, some weapons cannot be used to kill certain characters. Additionally, it requires a great hand and eye co-ordination due to the fast paced action nature of the game.

Game features:

1) Fast Paced Action
2) 11 types of characters to shoot at.
3) 4 Different types of Gun as ammunition
4) Bomb and Nuclear Missiles as ammunition
5) Retina graphics
6) Engrossing Sounds
7) Easy-to-use controls
8) Four different environments
9) Openfeint Connectivity
10) Cocos Live integration

If you like Bloody Hell, be sure to check out Softmines other games: Water Ludo, CandyChase, Talking Kooka, Talking Daisy, Talking Snuffles.

Like our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/softmines
Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/softmines
Watch our Youttube Channel: www.youtube.com/softmines

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
What's New In Version 1.1
It is a major update
-Complete change of UI designs and game screens
-2 new guns (Bazooka and Machine Gun)
-Characters/enemies now have faces
-Boss battles added
-Option to save animals
-Option to increase/decrease volume of music and sound effects
-New icon
-Classic mode removed
-Bug Fixes
08-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Looks very intriguing , wonder how it plays . Will wait till tomorrow as it's only out in n.z (my country !) . Only $1 aswell !

08-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Looks interesting, but I'll wait, been spending way too much money lately.

Top 3: Dead Rising, Infinity Blade, Dungeon Hunter 2,

GC: x Woodstock II
08-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Dev prompted me about the promo details they posted in the upcoming thread. So posting it here too. Looks like a win win situation for US buyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by softmines View Post
Launch Promotion:
To celebrate the launch of the game Bloody Hell, we are also announcing a 'launch day promotion' along with two contests.

We plan to give a $10 iTunes Gift Certificate to every customer who buys Bloody Hell on the launch day. For participants to qualify, they must fulfill the following conditions:
1) Write a review about the game on iTunes app store on launch day
2) Like Softmines Facebook page and post the following on their own wall:
"I stand a chance to receive a $10 iTunes Gift card by buying the amazing action game Bloody Hell for iPhone @softmines for $0.99."
or
3) Follow Softmines on Twitter and re-tweet the following post to their followers: "Follow & RT @softmines to receive a $10 iTunes Gift card by buying Bloody Hell for #iphone for $0.99. Full details http://bit.ly/aCc9I9."
4) Email us at promotions@softmines.com with the following details:
-Facebook ID/URL or Twitter ID/URL (whichever step is completed)
-iTunes nickname (the one used to write the review)

In addition, Softmines will give away one iPod Touch ($199 value) to the player with the highest score and a second device to the most helpful review visible on the App Store. This contest will begin on August 10 and end on August 31.

Both the launch promotion and the contest are open to U.S residents only. For full details click here.

Promocode Giveaway:
As this is unanimously the best forum for iPhone games, we hold huge respect for the gamers community here. Hence, to show how much we value their opinion, we will be giving away 20 Promo-codes to 20 lucky winners who post on this thread about their first impressions of the game and its video trailer. Now the best part is, we will be distributing the codes one day before the launch date so as to give gamers here a chance to grab the game before everyone else.

Thank you
08-09-2010, 08:12 AM
looks boring
08-09-2010, 08:17 AM
$10 for someone's integrity? Prepare to be swamped with takers.
08-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Yepp, looks gory and boring somehow.
Besides, I am hating exaggerated violence. My real life has enough of violence.

As far as I can see, yet another attempt by the devs to buy people's positive opinions...
Can't the game speak for itself?

At least 1 sympathy point for realising that TA's members are the best.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 08-09-2010 at 08:30 AM.
08-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
$10 for someone's integrity? Prepare to be swamped with takers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
As far as I can see, yet another attempt by the devs to buy people's positive opinions...
I don't understand why you guys are saying this?

There's nowhere in any of the promotional materials where the developer has asked for 5-star or even positive reviews. It is true that they have asked for people to review their game. So what? And, they are giving away additional gift cards for the most helpful review. Big deal. Developers give away stuff all the time. How is this any different from any other developer giving away promo codes in exchange for reviews?

A helpful review could say "Hey, this game is boring as hell. But, here's how you could make it more entertaining..." This is the sort of information that the developer needs to make a better game. I don't understand how you can fault them for that?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
I don't understand why you guys are saying this?

There's nowhere in any of the promotional materials where the developer has asked for 5-star or even positive reviews. It is true that they have asked for people to review their game. So what? And, they are giving away additional gift cards for the most helpful review. Big deal. Developers give away stuff all the time. How is this any different from any other developer giving away promo codes in exchange for reviews?

A helpful review could say "Hey, this game is boring as hell. But, here's how you could make it more entertaining..." This is the sort of information that the developer needs to make a better game. I don't understand how you can fault them for that?

Quote:
For participants to qualify, they must fulfill the following conditions:

[...]

2) Like Softmines Facebook page and post the following on their own wall:

"I stand a chance to receive a $10 iTunes Gift card by buying the amazing action game Bloody Hell for iPhone @softmines for $0.99."
Anymore questions?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 08-09-2010 at 09:11 AM.
08-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Guess I'd prefer Un-Bloody Hell (I'm a bloodaphob) but oh well!

-Alex