★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket Legends 3d MMO gets massive update!

08-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Pocket Legends 3d MMO gets massive update!

Download the app here!

Rabid MMO Fans Rewarded with Pocket Legends: Adventures update for iPhone

Free to Play 3D Mobile MMO

AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Spacetime Studios has released Pocket Legends: Adventures (PL:A), a groundbreaking update for the Pocket Legends franchise. PL:A fundamentally changes the way the game is played, allowing people to explore a world filled with the open-ended zones and character variety of PC/console MMOs.

MMO fans have come to expect open worlds full of dungeons, deep character development, story-driven quests and immersive, multiplayer gameplay. Pocket Legends: Adventures includes all of these time-tested MMO features in a game that is addictive and fun like no other MMO on any mobile device.

“The Pocket Legends: Adventures update has finally fulfilled our goal – to combine the rich gameplay experience of PC and console MMOs with the quick pace of mobile games," says Gary Gattis, President, Spacetime Studios. "None of this would have been possible without the feedback from the fans, which helped us take our title to the next level and create a living, breathing world.”

Features:

* World Map and additional Townes: this next update for Pocket Legends opens up the world map and lays the foundation for massive expansion!
* Lore, story and more: for the first time in Pocket Legends, players are immersed in the rich story of this unique realm of animal heroes.
* Quests: a new mode of play has come to Pocket Legends! Story-driven QUESTS provide new narrative lines to follow as players advance their character.
* Open-ended zones: players experience Pocket Legends in a whole new way: large, continuous quest zones, reminiscent of traditional PC games… but playable with anyone, anytime, anywhere!
* New player tutorial quest zones: private story-driven instances await new Pocket Legends characters: here players learn about questing, vendors and more.
* Optimizations and customizations: the game runs much better on lower-end devices and opens up the possibility of more character customization.

Availability:

The Pocket Legends: Adventures update is available at no cost for current Pocket Legends players. New users can download the game for free from iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-legends-3d-mmo/id355767097?mt=8

About Pocket Legends:

Launched in April 2010, Pocket Legends is the original, pioneering 3D MMO on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. A bold – and successful – attempt to bring MMOs to the mobile space, Pocket Legends quickly proved to be popular with both public and press, gathering praise from the most important publications in the industry. The colorful 3D graphics and top-notch character design made Pocket Legends a benchmark game on iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

To learn more about Pocket Legends, please visit the Pocket Legends page at SpacetimeStudios.com.

About Spacetime Studios:

Spacetime Studios is an independent game development studio located in Austin, Texas. The company was founded in late 2005 by videogame veterans Cinco Barnes, Gary Gattis, Jake Rodgers and Anthony L. Sommers. In 2009, Spacetime formed a research division (Clockrocket Games) to investigate the development and publishing pipelines for mobile devices. They quickly released seven titles and determined that they could leverage years of technical development and expertise to create the world’s first 3D real-time mobile MMO.

Spacetime Studios, the Spacetime Studios logo, Pocket Legends, and all associated artwork and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Spacetime Studios, LLC. Apple, the App Store, iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple.

Pocket Legends Forums
Pocket Legends Facebook
Pocket Legends Twitter
Press Links
08-09-2010, 10:50 AM
NEED HELP FOR 2 THING;

- Why the hell is there just lvl 10 and lower items for sale at towns ( ozzy the merchant..etc..)

- Why did i got a message '' This account is currently banned '' on my ipod touch and iPad for my accounts and my brothers account but it works on my iPhone??!! WTH IS HAPPENNING !?!?

Last edited by Eliminate-User; 08-09-2010 at 12:30 PM.

08-09-2010, 12:30 PM
please i really need help
08-09-2010, 01:14 PM
We opened up the world, with multiple townes, so now higher-level merchants are in other places. Tap your world map, or just run down the road to get there.

Regarding the bans, please contact us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

Thanks!
08-09-2010, 01:41 PM
I use to play this all the time but deleted it because I hated where the control stick was located on the iPad. Was this ever fixed?
08-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazuli
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I use to play this all the time but deleted it because I hated where the control stick was located on the iPad. Was this ever fixed?
Not sure about the joystick but I know there's an alternative tap to move control scheme.

GC:oPalermo
08-09-2010, 02:00 PM
We did move it, but tap-to-move is the way to play on the iPad.

You guys should definitely check out this new version. Starting a new character puts you into newbie-tutorial levels. There are multiple townes now connected together. And Quests!
08-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Looks like the first "EQ" style MMO instead of pure instances. These types of games with a years worth of content, can be some of the BEST rpg gaming, IMO. Upgradable skills, spells, stats, stat mod on loot, geR, procs on weapons, great AoEs.....

The questing that goes on to obtain great gear, the PvP... Will bring people back time in again.

If done right... If they add all sorts of fun content... And it's a quality game, devs stay in touch... Most people HAVE zero issues paying an amout per month for a very refind, polished product.

Great move to go to a shared world.
08-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Possibly too late. I played this game when it first came out and loved it but was just to repetitive. That plus all the constant tweaking of gear and classes, back and forth, back and forth, overempowering or nerfing........it simply became ridiculous. That and all the maps were basically the same thing, run around kill everything with no real purpose. i remember there were a lot of people online when it first came out and lately not so much. i'm sure a lot of other people simply got bored with this game and it's repetitiveness.
08-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazuli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacetime Studios View Post
We did move it, but tap-to-move is the way to play on the iPad.

You guys should definitely check out this new version. Starting a new character puts you into newbie-tutorial levels. There are multiple townes now connected together. And Quests!
I've been playing it the last couple days by the pool in this hotel I'm looking forward to the quests for higher level dungeons, as well as whatever comes next.

To whoever said the game is repetitive, you obviously expect an mmo with all the bells and whistles. I think PL encapsulates mmo gaming for a mobile platform perfectly. The design is meant towards shorter bursts of play and instant action.

GC:oPalermo