Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Knights of the Phantom Castle - Now Universal $1.99 Sale

ipad version:

Last edited by goiMot; 08-09-2010 at 11:38 AM..
Old 08-09-2010, 12:52 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Its fun, but I still hate the flick control mech!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:15 PM
iPhone 5

I have eyed this one many-a-time wishing it were available for the iPhone; now I can finally look into it and figure out if it's worth picking up.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:41 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Gameplay looks very slow, yet very fun in an odd way. Anyone cop this yet?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I am only a few missions in, but it is fun. I can tell right now though that later missions are going to be stupid hard.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Graphics look top-notch And from the looks of the video, it's an RTS?
It is, though it's more tactical than strategic. By all rights this game should own. But as jrsco mentioned, the controls expect way too much from you. Personally I found it too frustrating on the iPad; I've downloaded it again on my iPhone to give it another go -- perhaps on a smaller screen it will be more manageable.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:14 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It is, though it's more tactical than strategic. By all rights this game should own. But as jrsco mentioned, the controls expect way too much from you. Personally I found it too frustrating on the iPad; I've downloaded it again on my iPhone to give it another go -- perhaps on a smaller screen it will be more manageable.
So is there a lot of depth in the overall gameplay and characters? It looks like a good game but it falls very short on information about the actual game itself...
Old 08-09-2010, 02:34 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
So is there a lot of depth in the overall gameplay and characters? It looks like a good game but it falls very short on information about the actual game itself...
There are six different classes. Each one posses a tap on ability, a flicked ability, and a hold down on the character charge up ability.

Examples
Soldier
-tap switches weapons from dual wield to giant mace which attacks slower but aoe
-flick tackles the enemy which can break through shielded defenses (another ability) and can break an opponents attack which is key to keeping your health up.
-charge up is beserk which ups attack but lowers d

Defender
-tap is a shield which blocks all damage, even piercing, and stuns melee units that attack it. however if you leave it up the red bar on the tap gauge decreaes so that it looses its effectiveness and you begin to take damage.
-flick is taunt, taunts opponents into attacking you
-charge up is pressure, which causes a swirling vortex, slowing down all units in the vortex. (i think its just enemy units, not 100% sure)

Assassin
-tap is cloak, allows you to move around stealthed, units can't see you but if you are attacked it gets canceled
-flick steals from enemies. has a chance to get an item
-charge is through dimension. stops the game play and a gauge appears at the top of the screen. Allows you to switch the assassin with a object on the screen can even be another character. Also allows you to switch other things and not the assassin. IE you can click a barrel and switch it with your healer to get it out of harms way.

There are 3 other classes; ranger, healer and mage. As well as other all around abilities like breaks. I haven't played much like I have said but it is pretty dang deep compared to a lot out there. I mean this is actually deep enough that if it were a console or pc title it would have some legs of its own. The only gripe I have is that the flick control is hard to use. But I have gotten used to it after a few missions.

Also difficulty... not to far in but the controls will cause this to be hard and with the amount of abilities and what is thrown at you in the tutorial I would imagine that this is going to be a rather difficult game. Screams for multi player even though I doubt that would ever see the light of day.

It is well worth the money, but it was just on sale on the ipad, if you want to wait a day it might go back down. Who knows, but even at its current price you are getting a well made game.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Hopefully I'll get far enough into it this time to get a better sense of how deep it is. The tutorial and first couple of missions hint at a pretty deep experience, but so far I haven't played enough to figure out if that's the case.

The fact that jsrco is enjoying it is definitely giving me hope.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Is this the game that is going on sale tonight 11PM EST (Aug 10th)? If so I am glad not to have jumped the buy trigger finger.

Last edited by New England Gamer; 08-09-2010 at 03:06 PM..