Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
FilthyCanadian FilthyCanadian is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,503
Default

iReview was the funniest thing I'd seen in a while.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-11-2011, 04:04 PM
coconutbowling coconutbowling is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,201
Default

I miss snowmani. We were twitter buddies before i left twitter. In fact, i used to follow a lot of old members on twitter.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Booch138 Booch138 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 5,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
I miss snowmani. We were twitter buddies before i left twitter. In fact, i used to follow a lot of old members on twitter.
That's what a majority of my friends on Twitter are hahaahaha I know hardly anyone in RL on that Network. Real friends are what FB is for! rofl
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-11-2011, 04:10 PM
coconutbowling coconutbowling is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch138 View Post
That's what a majority of my friends on Twitter are hahaahaha I know hardly anyone in RL on that Network. Real friends are what FB is for! rofl
Lol, true dat. I knew irl only like 5% of twitter people while facebook there's only like 5% i don't know.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Coldar Coldar is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
2008 was cool year at TA, the app store had just got Rollin, and we got excited for some really terrible games compared to today's iOS standard. games like cube runner and papi jump to name a few lol...

My favorite was pocket god when it launched even though you could only flick them or shake them, it was pretty groundbreaking for the time...

Plus the community was smaller so it made for some really good feedback on games... The idea of the TOFTT was much more crucial back then because you really had no clue who the good developers were and whether or not a game would be worth it... Nowadays it's almost a given on certain releases...

But I like the direction the community has stayed, that's why I've been here so long, the game discussion is still really good when it doesn't get sidetracked
My thoughts exactly. Definitely were pioneering days for us all back then, including the devs. I've got a random of over 150 original TA names written down from 2008 and only just a handful have "survived" the times (actively participate). I'd followed TA since conception and had the time around Christmas to finally register/post and life's never been the same.

And 1337brian, I remember you responding to my earlier "first" posts (if not thee) back then as well.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-11-2011, 04:48 PM
1337brian 1337brian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In My Head
Posts: 3,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
My thoughts exactly. Definitely were pioneering days for us all back then, including the devs. I've got a random of over 150 original TA names written down from 2008 and only just a handful have "survived" the times (actively participate). I'd followed TA since conception and had the time around Christmas to finally register/post and life's never been the same.

And 1337brian, I remember you responding to my earlier "first" posts (if not thee) back then as well.
Yes we had some good convos back then, there's so many people and games now it's hard to spot all the regulars...
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,115
Default

I noticed that there are not much freaks on TA these days, people who really stand out because of their strange personality and weirdness. Even Booch seems normal compared to our past forum freaks.

No more Claridosas, no more MichaelScotts, no Candys, nothing.

Have we used them all up?

Last edited by Vovin; 04-12-2011 at 09:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Booch138 Booch138 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 5,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I noticed that there are not much freaks today on TA, people who really stand out because of their strange personality and weirdness. Even Booch seems normal compared to our past forum freaks.

Have we used them all up?
I'll take that as a... compliment? hahahahaha. I guess I have grown up (well... at least on TA) from my normal stance of wild forum trolling. Find me on FB. I piss some friends off on there. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,115
Default

Haha, Booch, you're a metalhead like me, you're normal from my point of view. To piss people of is kind of an obligation for some of us.


Anyone remembers songbird, greatest schemer of all?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 AM
MidianGTX MidianGTX is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I noticed that there are not much freaks on TA these days, people who really stand out because of their strange personality and weirdness. Even Booch seems normal compared to our past forum freaks.

No more Claridosas, no more MichaelScotts, no Candys, nothing.

Have we used them all up?
I could probably go overkill on metaphors, synonyms and surrealism to brighten the place up a bit.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent