Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

iReview was the funniest thing I'd seen in a while.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I miss snowmani. We were twitter buddies before i left twitter. In fact, i used to follow a lot of old members on twitter.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:08 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
I miss snowmani. We were twitter buddies before i left twitter. In fact, i used to follow a lot of old members on twitter.
That's what a majority of my friends on Twitter are hahaahaha I know hardly anyone in RL on that Network. Real friends are what FB is for! rofl
Old 04-11-2011, 04:10 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch138 View Post
That's what a majority of my friends on Twitter are hahaahaha I know hardly anyone in RL on that Network. Real friends are what FB is for! rofl
Lol, true dat. I knew irl only like 5% of twitter people while facebook there's only like 5% i don't know.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
2008 was cool year at TA, the app store had just got Rollin, and we got excited for some really terrible games compared to today's iOS standard. games like cube runner and papi jump to name a few lol...

My favorite was pocket god when it launched even though you could only flick them or shake them, it was pretty groundbreaking for the time...

Plus the community was smaller so it made for some really good feedback on games... The idea of the TOFTT was much more crucial back then because you really had no clue who the good developers were and whether or not a game would be worth it... Nowadays it's almost a given on certain releases...

But I like the direction the community has stayed, that's why I've been here so long, the game discussion is still really good when it doesn't get sidetracked
My thoughts exactly. Definitely were pioneering days for us all back then, including the devs. I've got a random of over 150 original TA names written down from 2008 and only just a handful have "survived" the times (actively participate). I'd followed TA since conception and had the time around Christmas to finally register/post and life's never been the same.

And 1337brian, I remember you responding to my earlier "first" posts (if not thee) back then as well.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
My thoughts exactly. Definitely were pioneering days for us all back then, including the devs. I've got a random of over 150 original TA names written down from 2008 and only just a handful have "survived" the times (actively participate). I'd followed TA since conception and had the time around Christmas to finally register/post and life's never been the same.

And 1337brian, I remember you responding to my earlier "first" posts (if not thee) back then as well.
Yes we had some good convos back then, there's so many people and games now it's hard to spot all the regulars...
Old 04-12-2011, 09:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I noticed that there are not much freaks on TA these days, people who really stand out because of their strange personality and weirdness. Even Booch seems normal compared to our past forum freaks.

No more Claridosas, no more MichaelScotts, no Candys, nothing.

Have we used them all up?

Last edited by Vovin; 04-12-2011 at 09:54 AM..
Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I noticed that there are not much freaks today on TA, people who really stand out because of their strange personality and weirdness. Even Booch seems normal compared to our past forum freaks.

I'll take that as a... compliment? hahahahaha. I guess I have grown up (well... at least on TA) from my normal stance of wild forum trolling. Find me on FB. I piss some friends off on there. LOL
Old 04-12-2011, 09:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Haha, Booch, you're a metalhead like me, you're normal from my point of view. To piss people of is kind of an obligation for some of us.

Anyone remembers songbird, greatest schemer of all?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I noticed that there are not much freaks on TA these days, people who really stand out because of their strange personality and weirdness. Even Booch seems normal compared to our past forum freaks.

No more Claridosas, no more MichaelScotts, no Candys, nothing.

I could probably go overkill on metaphors, synonyms and surrealism to brighten the place up a bit.