★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *50% OFF Until November 29th*

Preparing for demolition...

Wrecking Ball is a physics based puzzle/strategy game that requires planning and problem solving to effectively take down the buildings. As you progress through the game you are presented with new challenges and problems to overcome. It is up to you to properly and efficiently demolish the buildings.

Your in control of the wrecking ball as you use the touch controls to raise, lower, and move the wrecking ball. Once its in the proper position tilt your iPhone or iPod Touch to swing the wrecking ball and knock the building down. Every swing requires planning and strategy to efficiently take down a building in varying conditions.

Features-

30 Worksites Too Complete - Play through three locations with 10 worksites to be completed for each location.

Countryside: The easiest location offers optimal working conditions providing a good starting point for anyone!

Wilderness: As your work in this location watch that you dont have any debris land in the lake. Possible windy conditions also create a challenge.

City: While working in the city you have less room to work with, make sure you dont damage surrounding structures.

Worksite Editor - Use the very same worksite creation tool the developers did to create, play, and share your own worksites.

OpenFeint Enabled - Earn achievements and make it onto the leader board while you progress through the game.

Custom Music - Create your own playlists from your media library within the game too listen to while you play!

In-App Purchases - Purchase expansion packs with new jobs, over time new packs will be created. (Coming in a later update)

iOS 4 Tested - Completely compatible with the latest iOS.

Avizzv92's comments:
Alternative Visuals
http://www.alternativevisuals.com
http://altvis.byethost10.com/Alt_Vis/WreckingBall.html

Video:
note: At some parts in the game it may seem laggy and slow, this is due to the iPhone Simulator's performance while running with screen recording software. Also the wrecking ball movement seems jittery and unnatural because I had to use a 3rd party tool to send accelerometer information from the device to the simulator. The game itself runs smoothly!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here is in-game footage...

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Looks cool!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!

08-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Looks great!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
08-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words!

For those who purchase the game a few of the later worksites, some mentioned, may be a bit too hard. I'm working on a quick update that will be out shortly that decreased the difficulty just a bit. Though until then, these worksites aren't impossible and you can skip one worksite past your current one if you so desire.
08-10-2010, 05:47 PM
How many levels?

I'm so altoids. Small, white, and curiously strong.
08-10-2010, 05:51 PM
3 Locations with 10 worksites in each location (worksite == level). Updates will include new locations with 10 levels in each, I'm toying with the idea for in-app purchases for expansion packs but this isn't confirmed.
08-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avizzv92 View Post
3 Locations with 10 worksites in each location (worksite == level). Updates will include new locations with 10 levels in each, I'm toying with the idea for in-app purchases for expansion packs but this isn't confirmed.
Alright I might have to check it out. Is there a lite version or any plans for one?

I'm so altoids. Small, white, and curiously strong.
08-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm unsure one way or the other if or when a lite version may be available. It definitely isn't ruled out as a possibility in the future.
08-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Really liking the look of this, we need some more feedback in here.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avizzv92 View Post
I'm unsure one way or the other if or when a lite version may be available. It definitely isn't ruled out as a possibility in the future.
Would love to see a lite version or hear some impressions. I really like the look of the game.

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!