★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Word Craze.

03-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Word Craze.

Link

Just got this for a buck, and it's not like any game that's out there right now.

You have to make words that start with the letter that's on the diagonal. The lower right four tiles don't count.

It's not that easy!

The numbers indicate how many letters you got right on that row or column - not whether they're in the right position, just in the right row or column.

I was able to get through Level 1 easy and hard through brute force... then I got to level 2. Yikes! Six levels (Level 1: 5x5 grid -- Level 6: 10x10 grid) and 2 modes per level, so that's 12 levels total right there. And each time you play you get a new set of words/letters.

It's not just ANY word, but the predetermined word.

Worth a buck if you like word games
03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
so the diagonal on start of puzzle is letters locked in?
When you unscramble is it any two letters you swap anywhere or just swap adjacent letters?
This game even if its pretty good is cursed cuz one look at that screenshot says "word search" type game and people will move on.
03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
so the diagonal on start of puzzle is letters locked in?
When you unscramble is it any two letters you swap anywhere or just swap adjacent letters?
This game even if its pretty good is cursed cuz one look at that screenshot says "word search" type game and people will move on.
Nope, ALL tiles are moveable.

You can swap anywhere.

And if you get them right they don't "lock in"
03-05-2009, 03:19 PM
It is good for a buck

Interesting combination of a logic and a word game ... if you want only a 'pure' logic or pure word game, there are better choices, but if you want a little of both, this is a good choice.
I have played it for a couple of hours and am enjoying it. The price seems right.