★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Cannon Cadets, the hot new physics game from the people that brought you #1 hits Little Metal Ball and Marine Sharpshooter! 80 beautifully illustrated levels, an awesome LEVEL BUILDER and level sharing community, addictive gameplay and lots of re-playability are just a few reasons why Cannon Cadets is the new must have game!

"The game physics are a lot of fun -- there are objects in higher levels that are more like Rube Goldberg devices than just knock 'em down structures, with spinning and swinging bits that are a delight to work with." -- Steven Sande, TUAW.com

"One thing that I like a lot about Cannon Cadets is the secret levels that are unlocked by hitting various targets in the game world. I thought the golden egg portion of Angry Birds was really awesome, and this just takes that a step further..." -- Eli Hodapp, TouchArcade.com

"Cannon Cadets delivers on all levels. The graphics are excellent, the game-play is precise, addictive, and smooth, you can play as four different characters, and the shear number of levels and the addictive nature of the game make it well worth the download." -- Ryan Johnson, SlapApp.com (5/5)

"It is in no way a cheap imitation, in fact with it's high production values, I see Cannon Cadets as more of a younger sibling to Angry Birds, with a lot of similar traits and features, but with some unique abilities all its own." -- Brett Nolan, AppAddict.net

Not that long ago, in a Galaxy not really very far away at all, a wretched, evil monkey named Gordo decided to steal all the fun in the world and keep it for himself.

Gordo especially despised "The Cannon Cadets" who he kidnapped and locked away in steel cages. He built jails and constructed monstrous robots to keep guard over them. Unknown to Gordo, one special little boy, who was known as ""Rocket Boy"" was able to jet free from his iron like grip.

Now you must help Rocket Boy rescue all his Cadet friends. Good luck, the future of fun depends on you!

- 80 beautifully illustrated levels
- 4 playable characters (RocketBoy, RocketGirl, Pop, and Granati)
- Hidden Bonus Levels
- Flexible, robust Level Builder to create unlimited, diabolical levels
- In-App Community to rate and download levels created by others
- Amazing game physics including hinged and moving objects, and complex levels that would delight even Rube Goldberg and Heath Robinson

For more, follow us @XMGStudio on Twitter! Level walk-thrus available on YouTube: www.youtube.com/xmgstudio

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

What's New in Version 2.1
New update includes full HD content for iPad in addition to Retina Display support for iPhone 4.

What's New In Version 2.0
The Cannon Cadets Level Builder is here! Now you can create your own levels -- simple ones or diabolical ones, your choice! Share your levels with others or rate and play levels submitted by other users in the Cannon Cadets Academy. With the Level Builder and Cannon Cadets Academy, you'll never be waiting for more levels again!

In this version we have also added new sounds and a scoring system so you can see which levels you did awesome in, or go back to re-play the levels that you didn't master.
What's New In Version 1.1
- Images optimized for iPhone 4 Retina Display
- Play your own music in the background
- Mute sounds option
- New levels and level builder coming soon!!!
08-10-2010, 10:10 PM

From the upcoming thread ...
Originally Posted by hbernritter View Post
Ok, got a code and I am thoroughly enjoying it.The graphics on my 2g itouch are astounding, and it has an excellent color palette. So, all you iphone4 peeps I'm sure will have an eye popping display. It plays very smoothly, no hiccups as of yet. Game play is simple, but as the levels progress they require some thought. For instance one of the levels I just played had me knocking a ball down a ramp which in turn broke a cage and shot a rocketboy up to a much higher platform dispensing of one of the non fun having evil robo turds. A very pleasant and funny surprise. As the teaser video shows, this game is much more strategy and skill than dumb luck(although some is required )

It is reminiscent of Angry Birds but MUCH MORE FUN. Why? Because you don't have to obsess/stress over getting 3 stars. Much more relaxing, just beat the level with your alotted rocket people given. With that said I have also gotten 2 of the coins for special levels already too and that is a nice little addition to the game.

The only thing I would like to see is Achievements. Yes, they mean nothing but just having them pop up makes the accomplishments of any game that much better. Not that this needs any help.

With the promise of a level editor in the works, and more levels this has found a permanent place on my iPod, and not in a folder but on my main page.

Overall, this is a must have title for anyone who likes, loves, hates or never tried the genre before. Watch Angry Birds you have a happy go lucky group of rocket people and their pissed off monkey charging at you!
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
Originally Posted by Appency View Post
Okay, who got the codes? Had a chance to play yet?
I got one from your Facebook page I got one from your Facebook page

And wow, I am LOVING this game. The graphics are incredible and the game is very polished. I have played many games of this catapult-style genre and I think this one is my favorite!

I can't wait for the level editor to be added!

One suggestion would be to have a star rating on each level, depending on how many shots it takes you to complete the level.

All in all, Cannon Cadets is a really fun game that will keep you entertained for hours. You are all in for a real treat when it is released. You won't be disappointed!

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-10-2010 at 10:39 PM.

08-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Nice icon!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
08-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Ok this actually looks good. ^_^
08-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Shows up as available in Aussie app store, but when I tap on it I get a message that App is not available.
08-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Any impressions of this one ?
08-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Great artwork.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
08-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to Appency Send a message via Skype™ to Appency
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Any impressions of this one ?
A number of early reviews were posted in the preview thread, so far everyone has loved it!

Last edited by Appency; 08-10-2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: included link
08-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Appency View Post
A number of early reviews were posted in the preview thread, so far everyone has loved it!

Added both the reviews in the OP (errm technically the second post now)
08-10-2010, 10:55 PM
I can't seem to find it on the app store.... Hmm