★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What games/apps do you regret buying?

10-19-2008, 04:28 PM
What games/apps do you regret buying?

Just want to know what everyone thinks. For me, the biggest dissappointments would have to be Billy Frontier and Raging Thunder.
10-19-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm with you on Billy for sure. That was $10 for about 2 hours of game, and it's the reason I've stayed away from their most recent releases. Outside of that, I feel like I've gotten my money out of just about everything I've paid for.

10-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Send a message via AIM to fpugirl
Probably Bugdom 2, Cro-Mag Rally and Numba. They're still on my phone but I've gotten little play out of them due to various reasons.

I'm on twitter: http://twitter.com/fpugirl iTD, 7 Cities, The Creeps, geoDefense (i love TD games!!), Supermarket mania, Stone Loops...current fave games
10-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Action Blox and of course Bugdom 2 for me.
10-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by fpugirl View Post
Probably Bugdom 2, Cro-Mag Rally and Numba. They're still on my phone but I've gotten little play out of them due to various reasons.
I actually enjoy Bugdom and CroMag a lot. I certainly prefer CroMag over Raging Thunder(which i bought at $4) mainly because it's too damn short and there's no reason to replay championship mode once you beat it. At least in CroMag the tracks look different and are actually fun.

Also @ 3Dave:
I beat Billy Frontier in like 30 mins. Serious waste of my 4 dollars...
10-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Good topic! For me iphysics lite, Rockfall (no longer available due to bogus copyright claims), Frogger, and mobile chat (though they DO seem to SLOWLY be getting that one fixed up).
10-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Bugdom 2, and Urban Tycoon.
10-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Billy Frontier was pretty lame. It's too bad because the graphics were great!
10-19-2008, 04:58 PM
The only ones that I really regret the purchase of are Cro-Mag Rally and Trism, though I'm in the minority on the latter. I didn't even mind Billy Frontier. It's not *that* bad. I liked the on-rails shooter and stampede modes.
10-19-2008, 05:02 PM

Spore, not worth 10 bucks, maybe 5...haven't played it since i originally bought it

Cro-Mag, bought it @ 2 bucks, maybe played 3 minutes of it...

Stone of Destiny - bought it for 99 cents...kinda regret even that

Band - 10 bucks down the tube...it was that first day mentality where if it looked cool, i would buy it...this is probably my biggest regret

toy bot diaries, I bought it because everyone was saying wonderful things about it, and at the price...what peeves me about it is I keep assuming that turning the ipod would induce some kind of gravity shift..which doesn't happen...it was one of my own beliefs in the game that i seem to have made up, but it disturbs my playing as it somehow limits my ability to play it without getting frustrated...dunno why...not a big regret though

Shufflepuck....think i played it..maybe 3 times...eh

Sprocket - this is another one of those frustrating games...I like the concept..but for some reason moving the pieces and not having them flow peeves me...I know i just need to figure out the fuzzy math that certain color and size gears work only with others...but until i do...i dont regret it, but i dont care for the game right now...it will grow on me

koi pond, accidentally bought this....but dont accidentally think it was a waste of my hard earned buck

Aqua Forest, fun but not worth 10 bucks....it was one of those first day purchases

regrets until the developer takes the games out of Beta:
these are on the fence regrets, but for the most part, the developer comes through...you almost have to have trust in that the developer cares and actually will upgrade it and is not out there for a quick buck

I know the developer has promised upgrades, but Urban Tycoon is still very much in beta, and i hate beta testing...It should get better in time...So i dont regret it yet, and i probably wont...but its kinda rough right now

neverputtME...it seems unfinished...that is probably why i dont play it as much...its not a reget, just ..i dunno

Line Rider, although polished...im on the fence about it...

Virtual Conquest....although fun, and the upgrade made it so much better with a working A.I...I do enjoy it...and hope that an upgrade will get me completly off the fence...its almost there though

fieldrunners & mote-M, best TD games on the iphone, hopefully upgrades will make them better and better

with all this negativity..I just want to point out games that I am absolutly Loving:

Reign of Swords