★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: WARNING! With a spine-chilling crime at the center of its spellbinding story, this game is not intended for the faint of heart! But if you like eerie adventures full of twists and turns and startling secrets, Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box is right up your alley!

Developed in the tradition of the best Hammer horror movies and classic novels by H.P. Lovecraft, Vampire Saga casts the player in the role of Matthew Ward, a young man who steals aboard a cargo ship to escape the violence of the Spanish-American War. After passing out for no apparent reason, he wakes up to find himself alone with several sinister-looking coffins. Where did the crew go? Why is Matthew having strange visions? And why does he feel like he's being watched?
To answer these and other questions, the player must explore several creepy Victorian locations, search for over 300 hidden objects, and follow a story full of nerve-pricking encounters. Along the way, atmospheric music and sound effects will immerse the player in the events unfolding on the screen.

There's also iPhone version of this game! Check the App Store!

GAME FEATURES:
11 hidden object game scenes
Five mini-games
300 hidden objects
Animated cutscenes
A surprise ending!
------------------------------------------
STILL NOT CONVINCED? Try the lite version for free by searching for "Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box HD Lite" in the iTunes Store.
More fun games from Alawar:
HOTEL MOGUL HD The No. 2 application on the iPad! Try this popular building sim for iPhone and iPad today!
FARM FRENZY 2 HD Enjoy a bumper crop of fun as you manage a wild and wacky farm!
TANK-O-BOX HD Play our action-packed remake of a classic arcade battle tank game!
GOURMANIA HD Become the world's top chef in this addictive hidden object smash hit!

Visit iphone.alawar.com for even more games!
FIND US in FACEBOOK: AlawarEntertainment
FOLLOW US in TWITTER: @AlawarMobile
Be the first to hear about our new games and awesome contests!

abutova's comments:
Guys, Alawar has just released a creepy quest for iPad which has everything to become a hit these days: vampires, mistique, lost cargo ship, love - there's just no Edward Cullen You can check the visuals and the really great sound on the official video trailer below, but believe me - they are even better! Lite version is also available, so check it out.

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Looks great.

Lite version:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vampire-saga-pandoras-box/id384040856?mt=8

Quote:
Description
WARNING! With a spine-chilling crime at the center of its spellbinding story, this game is not intended for the faint of heart! But if you like eerie adventures full of twists and turns and startling secrets, Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box is right up your alley!

Developed in the tradition of the best Hammer horror movies and classic novels by H.P. Lovecraft, Vampire Saga casts the player in the role of Matthew Ward, a young man who steals aboard a cargo ship to escape the violence of the Spanish-American War. After passing out for no apparent reason, he wakes up to find himself alone with several sinister-looking coffins. Where did the crew go? Why is Matthew having strange visions? And why does he feel like he's being watched?
To answer these and other questions, the player must explore several creepy Victorian locations, search for over 300 hidden objects, and follow a story full of nerve-pricking encounters. Along the way, atmospheric music and sound effects will immerse the player in the events unfolding on the screen.

Also available for iPhone! http://bit.ly/9D6kuh

GAME FEATURES:
★ 11 hidden object game scenes
★ Five mini-games
★ 300 hidden objects
★ Animated cutscenes
★ A surprise ending!
STILL NOT CONVINCED? Try the lite version for free by searching for "Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box HD Lite" in the iTunes Store.
More fun games from Alawar:
★ HOTEL MOGUL – The No. 2 application on the iPad! Try this popular building sim for iPhone and iPad today!
★ FARM FRENZY 2 HD – Enjoy a bumper crop of fun as you manage a wild and wacky farm!
★ TANK-O-BOX HD – Play our action-packed remake of a classic arcade battle tank game!
★ GOURMANIA HD – Become the world's top chef in this addictive hidden object smash hit!

Visit iphone.alawar.com for even more games!

Last edited by goiMot; 08-12-2010 at 06:06 AM.

08-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Seems rather interesting, even if I'm worry that it will suffer the comparison with Dracula the Path of the Dragon, for the story I mean.

I tried the lite version and sometimes I got the feeling the touch wasn't working fully well. Perhaps they underestimate the change of finger size on the ipad the result is that few time the "touch an object" is not natural. That said I played a part of the lite version, a bit more than the tutorial, and this lite sold me the game, despite I get a little bug with no consequence, an item to use wasn't show anymore. I just quit (game state is saved) and restart the game to have it shown again for use it.

I wonder if there's a trick to make it show again other than quit. A true inventory like in some similar game, would have been better. But well this game seems has its share of tricks.

Last edited by Qordobo; 08-12-2010 at 05:18 PM.
08-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Alawar = quality! Congrats on the release!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
08-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Thanks! It's our first release of iPhone/iPad game in horror style, and we're really excited about this. Many more amazing games are coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Alawar = quality! Congrats on the release!
08-23-2010, 09:06 AM
$2 off!

SPECIAL PRICE ALERT!
Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box is available for $4.99 just for a few days. It's almost 30% off the regular price, so you were waiting for the price drop for this game - don't miss out.
08-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Congrats! I've been enjoying this on my iPod - it nice how a find-the-object game becomes much more interesting when there's a story/purpose behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Congrats! I've been enjoying this on my iPod - it nice how a find-the-object game becomes much more interesting when there's a story/purpose behind it.
It's not only a find object game with a story, for people not knowing, more recent find object adventure games aren't basic find in a picture the hidden object described by a form or a name.

The more recent and more polished find an item adventure games often mix some puzzles, you have an inventory and have to find some objects interaction, also they mix very well the adventure and the puzzles including those that are "find an object", and often they have a very good balance between puzzles and adventure progression and most includes an in game hints system in case you have difficulty to solve something.

I played only the first parts of it and it seems rather good, perhaps sometimes the game help you a bit too much but overall the balance is well setup to make you search solutions and avoid you get stuck a too long time.

This one seems to be at quality level if not a bit better than Mushroom Age. Other games in same category but not at same level of depth and contents are the two Laura Jones games.

Take care that older similar games are most often quite more pure find an item games with a story and that's a lot less fun. But there are also on idevice some great more classical adventure games like the amazing (but you pay the price) Dracula Path of the Dragon in three parts, or Jule Verne's Return to Mysterious Island that seems quite difficult.
09-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Think I ran into a bug... help

Looks like at the end of chapter 5 where i find the girl in the bedroom, and grandpa sittting on the chair outside.

I move back to the ship, and I quit the game. after I went back in the game
I end up in the Room with the girl, and NOT the ship.
Now I need salt, to wake her up, but since I missed the whole ship part.
I can't go back anymore.

Now what??
09-21-2010, 10:52 AM
We're working on the bugfix right now to update the game asap, but the bug you discribed is a kind of new for us. So you're right on time! I'll forward it to our devs to investigate and provide the cheat or include into the update. Stay turned! And thank you for reporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Think I ran into a bug... help

Looks like at the end of chapter 5 where i find the girl in the bedroom, and grandpa sittting on the chair outside.

I move back to the ship, and I quit the game. after I went back in the game
I end up in the Room with the girl, and NOT the ship.
Now I need salt, to wake her up, but since I missed the whole ship part.
I can't go back anymore.

Now what??