★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: WUB Studios
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 190.2 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Sexy spaceships, cunning pirates, beautiful vistas, relentless police and cute babes. Space trading has never been this fun on the iPad. Enter a galaxy of pleasure, danger and riches. As commander of a multipurpose spacecraft, you can:

-Engage in commerce to earn $$$.
-Take on special missions suited to your talents.
-Take a break and let your beautiful AI enjoy a vacation.
-Fend off pirates and keep your cargo.
-Enhance your combat rating and earn the rank of "Elite".
-Pursue illegitimate trade for the big profits.
-Evade bounty hunters or become one yourself.
-Choose a life of crime and become the scourge of the space lanes
-Rescue fellow space merchants.

Witchspace is a procedurally generated galaxy that let's you decide what your story will be. Gameplay is focused on abstract beauty, strategy and commerce. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we enjoyed creating it.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
New Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Old Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Why is there not a thread for this already? ??!!?!?!??1?!111!?!?!??!!/1?!?11??
You can't rely on anybody these days(looking at you goiMot & vader >.<), you gotta do everything yourself, don't we? But that's okay, I'll do the dirty work today
08-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Guess I would like to see a movie.. no clue what this is all about.
Want to say, that it looks like a tycoon game.

08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Picked this up out of pure curiosity and it's not too bad. it's your basic space trader type game. You pick up cargo on one planet and then try to sell it for a higher price on another planet. Or you can except missions and try to carry them out for more money.

There isn't a lot of animation with the game, but that's never really been the point with games like this. The art work is nice and holds your interest and the music and other sound effects are above average as well.

Once you get your cargo and missions it's time to take off for your destination. I liked that if you picked something that was out of your range you had to stop at another planet before heading to the other one. Along the way you'll run into several ships. You have the opportunity to engage them or just leave them alone (if they aren't pirates that is, in which case your forced to engage). Some ships are cargo ships just like you, some are in distress and need help, and others are bad guys who want your cargo. Even some of the distressed ships are pirates lying in wait.

For battle you have to decide what actions you want to do. Often times you need to maneuver your ship in the right line of attack before you can fire. Battles are tough to win in the game at first because your weapons are limited. Getting them leveled up is key to long term survival in the game. Otherwise you're spending a lot of time just trying to out run everything.

You can also upgrade your AI (the woman you see in the pictures). As she gets better it's not just her looks that improve. You also get a better pilot and repair person.

I haven't spent a lot of time playing games like this in the past but I was pretty happy with the time I've spent with this game so far and I will be looking to get better at it soon.

This is really something that is up to you whether or not you'll like it. If you like this genre of game I'd have to say that it's pretty good, but not playing much of the others out there I can't really compare it. If you're looking for a shoot 'em up game, this really isn't for you.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
08-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Fine, fine, many nice words and information, but you forget the main point, is there many nude... hahem.. AI?
08-12-2010, 06:01 PM
I can only say that I didn't experience any sort of upgrade in that department...

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
08-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Fine, fine, many nice words and information, but you forget the main point, is there many nude... hahem.. AI?
Even if there is, do you really want to buy an app to look at plastic looking women that evidently, from the screen shots, all have artificially enhanced breasts? You can look up much better nude images in Safari for free.
08-13-2010, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finandir View Post
Even if there is, do you really want to buy an app to look at plastic looking women that evidently, from the screen shots, all have artificially enhanced breasts? You can look up much better nude images in Safari for free.
Yeah but then I wonder why so many plastic women with big breast in the game? Go figure.

Otherwise I was both, joking and pinpointing.
08-21-2010, 01:39 AM
bug fix, tweaks update is out. But more importantly, new screenshots in iTunes description :P
08-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Eww, just threw up in my mouth a little.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Downloaded it and have played 4 or so games . Only problem is I keep getting killed before I can even do one mission or go to a near by planet , am I missing something here ? Is there a tip guide out there ?