★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Trade Nations Released

08-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Trade Nations Released

Trade Nations has now officially been released on the AppStore.

I've downloaded, registered, and played for a little while. Here's a quick synopsis for those interested in online 'social' gaming.

Trade Nations is akin to the old mobile platform series 'Townsmen', only Trade Nations is a true online game opposed to Townsmen. The player begins by following a quick tutorial that guides them through setting up and understanding the fundamentals of the game. Essentially, the player constructs housing, which in itself creates workers, whom can be allocated to various tasks, such as gathering and hauling resources to the 'resource' buildings (which you also build), all of which in turn can be sold to a real-time online marketplace, in which prices fluctuate based on real-time supply and demand from other players. Game play follows the same basic strategy of 'We Rule', in that the player can customize their village to their particular taste, and in that the player can request friends online in order to assist them in advancing their game play.

Those interested in real-time city building sims should enjoy this game, if nothing more than for mere distraction. The graphics are well animated and fluid, the server is surprisingly quick, and I have yet to experience any crashing from the game. All-in-all, a very well rounded, and well designed game. Unfortunately, I should have waited as I initially paid $.99 (USD), and the game is now available for free on the AppStore. Have fun all!!!

Currently Playing: nothing at the moment
08-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Doesn't show up in US itunes. Do you have a link?

08-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Can't find it in the UK store either. Sounds interesting though.
08-12-2010, 02:02 PM
08-12-2010, 04:55 PM
It seems that it's only available in Canada, here's the link:
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/trade-nations/id379987016?mt=8
08-13-2010, 05:05 PM
I saw this posted in the upcoming games a few weeks back - looks really cool... Wish I lived in Canada
08-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazuli
I got it yesterday and can safely say it's so far been a more enjoyable experience than We Rule, but it follows the same basic rules. Had a couple of connection issues as well but hopefully they'll be sorted out.

GC:oPalermo
08-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Why is Canada getting all the beta?

Nexx Studio - Indie Game Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!
08-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
Why is Canada getting all the beta?
Not sure - in fact, I didn't even know it was only released in Canada. Sorry everyone...hopefully it'll be released globally soon.

Currently Playing: nothing at the moment
08-14-2010, 11:56 PM
That's a shame, I'd like to get my hands on this.

Top 3: Dead Rising, Infinity Blade, Dungeon Hunter 2,

GC: x Woodstock II