★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get ready for crazy rolling adventures as Jules discovers that all of mankind has been boxed! Now it's up to Jules to roll around and unbox every person in the world!

Discover the action and adventure of block-breaking in over 30 hand-painted levels, worth hours of fun!

And when the story is over, you've got 4 endless challenges so you can keep rolling around until you're dizzy!

Our beloved Jules finds himself on a thrilling adventure when the odd blocky minions take over the world, trapping every living person inside a wooden box. It is up to Jules and you to save them! To unbox people, simply roll into the boxes and break them, but watch out for the blocky minions wandering around, because they might box you too! Beautiful locations around the world are actually mazes and puzzles with plenty of boxes to break. Jules will need your quick wit and fast reflexes to unbox the world!

Features:
- A full guided tutorial, and introduction to the story
- High definition graphics, made specially for the iPad
- 30 beautifully designed and hand-painted locations
- 4 addictive unlockable endless modes for unlimited replay
- Recorded statistics to track your progress
- A humorous, colorful story told with hand painted art
- Fun and exciting gameplay, with different challenges every time
- A soundtrack composed specially for every moment in the game

We of Sulistas believe your play time should be all about gameplay.
We work our best in every game we make sure all your precious time is spent having fun!
Your feedback is always very welcome, and we will update our games constantly based on user opinions.

sulistas's comments:
My dear fellows TouchArcadians,
we have just released our first iPad game. We would be very happy if you would play the game, tell us what you think, we do like to receive all your honest feedback. We are working on our updates as we speak, now that the game is out. The Lite version, which is free, should be out shortly.

We also invite everyone to participate in our 'Get your name in the game' contest, that is happening now at the application's official website, here.

Also, more information, screenshots and general goodness can be found at our Facebook page!

"Best iPad App of the Week" appolicious.com , August 15 2010

"Interesting level designs; great graphics; plenty of charm" slidetoplay.com , August 31st 2010

Get ready for crazy rolling adventures as Jules discovers that all of mankind has been boxed! Now it's up to Jules to roll around and unbox every person in the world! Discover the action and adventure of block-breaking in over 30 hand-painted levels, worth hours of fun! And when the story is over, you've got 4 endless challenges so you can keep rolling around until you're dizzy!

Our beloved Jules finds himself on a thrilling adventure when the odd blocky minions take over the world, trapping every living person inside a wooden box. It is up to Jules and you to save them! To unbox people, simply roll into the boxes and break them, but watch out for the blocky minions wandering around, because they might box you too! Beautiful locations around the world are actually mazes and puzzles with plenty of boxes to break. Jules will need your quick wit and fast reflexes to unbox the world!
__________________________________________________ ___________________

We of Sulistas believe your play time should be all about gameplay.
We work our best in every game we make sure all your precious time is spent having fun!

Your feedback is always very welcome, and we will update our games constantly based on user opinions.
08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Impressions/reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Gameplay itself, story, concept: Awesome.
Graphics: Awesome

Controls - very loose.... This could definitely use the ability to adjust them or at the very least make that a bit less sensative.

Other comments/questions/feedback:
- Save Function - I didn't get to play that much yet so maybe this changes but am I missing something? I went to turn my iPad off after playing a few levels and accidentally hit the home button. When I turned it back on, I'm back at the beginning.
- It would be really cool if levels are timed and the time was recorded to give the game replayability. (unless there really is no save function - then its very replayable if you can't finish it in one sitting.)

- When its first starting up the Sulistas presenting ... icon does a little dance in the middle of screen while figuring out what orientation it should be in.

The game is really good but please do something about the sensativity. If there is a save function can you please tell me how and perhaps you could put that in the instructions somewhere.
Quote:
Actually, after playing for a decent amount of time last night, I wanted to ammend what I said... I got used to the controls..... They were had to deal with in that Rooftop level but once you get over that, everything seems to be going smoothly now. I actually don't think the controls are that much of an issue either.... anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerdingCats View Post
I downloaded the game after seeing their video, and fell in love with the art style. I didn't know anything about the game beyond what we could see in the video, so it was a total impulse buy. But boy, am I happy that I got it! Jules: UBtW uses a combination of art, sound, and the familiar ball-rolling mechanic to create something completely charming. It also breathes life into the genera of ball-rolling puzzlers.

As for the concerns about the controls, I'd say that while they are sensitive, they are by no means problematic. Oh, believe me--I've played games like those. Honestly, it isn't anything I'd even think to mention if others in the thread hadn't voiced their concerns.

The best thing I can say about this game is that it makes me smile, and I look forward to playing. I've played probably (eeks!!) 200 iPhone/iPad games, and find that it now takes a very special game to make me feel that way.

My thanks to the Sulistas team. I'll be posting a positive review on iTunes for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Okay. I gave in. Sometimes a scratch just needs to be itched Loving the story part of this as it's becoming harder to find a game that has a coherent and cohesive plot. Great work here! The graphics is good too and looks stunning on the iPad screen! Looking forward to the revised control system though, finding a few levels harder than they should be as I don't want to find myself fighting this as well as the game itself. I was also wondering in the framerate could be improved a little? I know it's not easy because of the screen size and all the work the GPU has to do, but hoping that the animation of the ball could be smoother

All in all, a wonderful entry into the iPad market and I would recommend it to anyone with a device like this ~ a refreshing change from all the other rather staid tilt/roll games out there! Looking forward to seeing where this goes next!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
Bought it. Love the look, not so much the controls. The ball seems to roll with a bit of wobble, like it's not a round ball, and it's not very responsive to directional changes when in motion.

At the moment there doesn't seem to be a way to return to the stage select screen, or even the main menu, once you've started a group of levels.

Edit: I started the "Seasick" level and there was a tip upon loading on how to get to the menu during play, but it went by VERY fast. Too fast for me to read. From the icon that was with the text it looked like you do it by swiping a finger diagonally across the screen, but that didn't work. Turns out what works is tapping the screen simultaneously in opposite corners. So, there you go. Some kind of help/instructions/tips page might not be a bad idea.

I made it through the tutorial stages in one go, even the rooftop level, then went to the stage screen. I wasn't entirely sure where to touch to proceed, so I touched the open book at the bottom, and then the closed book at the top. Closed at the top was a mistake. I had to restart the tutorial. Rather than restart the app I decided to stick with it anyway, because I wasn't sure if the autosave kicked in yet and I figured I could use the practice. This time it took at least five tries to make it through the rooftop level, and three of those tries I had to turn my iPad almost straight up and down to get Jules to roll up out of the stairwell.

I look forward to the updates.

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-18-2010 at 07:51 AM.

08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
The graphics look awesome! Would love to hear impressions if anyone tried it out or will wait for the lite.

Um...do you have better screenshots for the app store? If people don't see the gameplay video, those screens don't really show off the game that well.

08-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Congrats on the release, looks amazing.
08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Um...do you have better screenshots for the app store? If people don't see the gameplay video, those screens don't really show off the game that well.
We are working on that as we speak. It seems that we misread one of the many guidelines, and new screenshots can only be uploaded when we release the first update, somewhere between today and tomorrow.

In the meanwhile, I've edited the post above with our Facebook page! There are plenty of screenshots there.
08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulistas View Post
We are working on that as we speak. It seems that we misread one of the many guidelines, and new screenshots can only be uploaded when we release the first update, somewhere between today and tomorrow.

In the meanwhile, I've edited the post above with our Facebook page! There are plenty of screenshots there.
iTunes has the weirdest policies
Sounds good.

Welcome to TA btw.

08-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
The graphics look awesome! Would love to hear impressions if anyone tried it out or will wait for the lite.

I picked it up, and it's really beautiful - there's even a slight 3D effect when you tilt the device, letting you see doorways on the side of buildings, etc. The jazzy music is great too.

I do find that the tilt mechanism is too sensitive for my tastes, which made the rooftop level unnecessarily difficult to complete. There's also not a clear way to get out of a level once you start it (besides quitting to springboard). EDIT: Actually, I just found out how to do it -- never mind.

Certainly an original take on the rolling marble genre.

Last edited by squarezero; 08-12-2010 at 04:28 PM.
08-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I do find that the tilt mechanism is too sensitive for my tastes, which made the rooftop level unnecessarily difficult to complete.
Thank you for your support and feedback. It is greatly appreciated.
The rooftop level was a common issue in our test groups. It has been fixed and will be easier in the first update.

But by then I have the impression you will have no problem with the difficulty.
08-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I read up on this on Facebook. Looks really good as long as the controls are decent.
08-12-2010, 05:40 PM
First bit of honest feedback: I recommend putting more effort into the iTunes description and display full game screens, so that people can better understand what the game is.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL