★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rogue Touch Version 1.2 --- Download Now :)

03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Rogue Touch Version 1.2 --- Download Now :)

OK guys and gals, as I let slip in the other thread today... Version 1.2 of Rogue Touch had been submitted to Apple quickly after 1.1 went live. Well, Apple just did us a favor and approved it this evening!

This update is not as substantial for new items, but it does have some major improvements to fast-play mode, some bug-fixes, and includes some nice little features that had been requested and discussed right here at touchArcade over the past week. Added a couple more new items and another secret character to round it out and you have the following:

*** Note: Please finish your current game before updating to version 1.2, as the saved game will be deleted during the update process

Version 1.2 contains:
* Altered sensitivity for fast mode double-tap so that it is not triggered unintentionally (tap really fast now!)
* Fast Mode running now stops right at doors, and at hallway intersections. Even easier to play!
* Sorting of inventory. Items are grouped automatically as they are picked up.
* Added Default Zoom level, adjust it in settings from 25, 50, 75, 100%
* Searching now slightly less punishing
* One new weapon: The War Hammer
* One new secret staff!
* Several Bug Fixes (black hallways, x-ray vision problem, app closing between levels, vorpal weapons)

This version is live, I just updated my personal iPhone through the app store icon. iTunes itself shows the old version, but I'm sure it'll straighten out soon. As always please ask if you have any questions and I will do my best to help you out!

Finally, Version 1.3 is already in development, and we will talk about the *new features* coming later this weekend!

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
03-05-2009, 09:47 PM
You are the bomb! I love you... I really do.

03-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I still can't decide whether or not I want this. I played the original rouge (and rouge like games since) game since back the 80's.

Is there a lite version I could try?
03-05-2009, 10:08 PM
AWESOME --- I am loving this game --- its so nice to play it again after so many years and I love the new look. Time for me to finish the game I am on now ---sadly only level 7 --- this Fat Bastard is getting hungry! :P

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
03-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterDev View Post
I still can't decide whether or not I want this. I played the original rouge (and rouge like games since) game since back the 80's.

I agree, a light version would be nice to have
03-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
You are the bomb! I love you... I really do.
We love you too! But only as a friend. Or perhaps as a game developer and his devoted player. Or something not too awkward

Quote:

Well, we'd like to do a lite version, but it's tough to decide how to make the cut. Do we just cut it short after 3 or 4 levels? Cut it off by ending on a level with no stairs? That'd be frustrating. We could do a lite version that chronicles your quest to the dungeons of doom- maybe overland through a forest... That would require new programming and artwork of course

So yes, we have thought about it a lot, but not sure what the best solution is for a lite version that would be compelling and interesting! We've improved the game so much over the original concept now, its tough to compare with any of the existing basic Rogue games, so I can understand the desire...

--- ChronoSoft ---
03-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
We love you too! But only as a friend. Or perhaps as a game developer and his devoted player. Or something not too awkward

Well, we'd like to do a lite version, but it's tough to decide how to make the cut. Do we just cut it short after 3 or 4 levels? Cut it off by ending on a level with no stairs? That'd be frustrating. We could do a lite version that chronicles your quest to the dungeons of doom- maybe overland through a forest... That would require new programming and artwork of course

So yes, we have thought about it a lot, but not sure what the best solution is for a lite version that would be compelling and interesting! We've improved the game so much over the original concept now, its tough to compare with any of the existing basic Rogue games, so I can understand the desire...
Id say the level cap would be the best thing to do for a lite version....or maybe if you were really sinister have the game cut right before the player leveld up
03-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Quote:

Oh, don't be such a wuss. Buy it. Your iPhone will thank you, your brain will be entertained, food will taste better, women will find you irresistible, your acne will clear right up, and Ed McMahon will personally knock on your door and tell you that you may have just won a million dollars. What's the problem?

As for me, just updated. I was kicking major ass today with a +4 blessed katana, +6/+7 banded mail, ring of regeneration, +3 ring of strength (had 21 strength with it), and all sorts of other cool things ... and then I went and did something stupid like take the armor off to try some new banded mail only to find out it was -2 cursed, I couldn't remove it, and I couldn't find a damned scroll of remove curse before a bloody griffin took me out on level 19.

So I have no saved game to worry about.

F&%@ing griffins.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Updated! The adjustment to tap sensitivity is god-send

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
03-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Oh, don't be such a wuss. Buy it. Your iPhone will thank you, your brain will be entertained, food will taste better, women will find you irresistible, your acne will clear right up, and Ed McMahon will personally knock on your door and tell you that you may have just won a million dollars. What's the problem?

As for me, just updated. I was kicking major ass today with a +4 blessed katana, +6/+7 banded mail, ring of regeneration, +3 ring of strength (had 21 strength with it), and all sorts of other cool things ... and then I went and did something stupid like take the armor off to try some new banded mail only to find out it was -2 cursed, I couldn't remove it, and I couldn't find a damned scroll of remove curse before a bloody griffin took me out on level 19.

So I have no saved game to worry about.

F&%@ing griffins.
Man, I'm dying here! That's the new funniest post of the day (sorry Ventura, you can have second place for now!) Thanks for the vote of confidence! And oh, uh, sorry about those Griffins. We hate them too. Filthy buggers

SurgE- really glad you approve of the new tap sensitivity. Many fingers died to bring you that improvement!

Monopoly- A level cap may be an option, but we'd have to introduce some other limits too... I'd wager a really clever rogue could survive long enough to get bored with a lite version otherwise

--- ChronoSoft ---