★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Paper Fish

02-08-2010, 01:48 AM
[Game] Paper Fish is available!

## Updated: Now it's on iTune "New and Noteworthy" ##

I am from the Evenwell digital Inc. We're a new developer team focusing on making games for the iPhone. We've made a couple games on iPhone, now we just released the latest game "Paper Fish",it's a whole new style "fish catching" game we would like to share the game with the community here.

Feedback and questions are always welcomed!

Game Information
App store : http://itunes.com/apps/paperfish
Release date:02/05/2010
Title name:Paper Fish
Platform:iPhone / iPod Touch
Price:1.99 USD

Game Description:
No more old school fishing! NOW we do fish attracting!

Have you ever dreamt about what the fishing would be if the ocean has become paper folding? Now we proudly present you the whole new paper world! You can have a blast by fishing around the sea world, catching various kinds of paper fish, hiring paper boats from the shop and sailing to exotic islands!

Try the easiest finishing method “Magnetic Fishing”, the only thing you need to do is changing the magnetic pole, then use your fishing rod to attract the fishes.

Get on the paper boat with your magnetic fishing rod! Let’s attract some BIG fishes!

Game Features
1. Three unique ocean worlds with special stages.
2. Take on the Big Fish challenge in each scene.
3. Many ingenious paper fishes.
4. You are able to upgrade your fishing boat, fishing rod, and magnet. Or you can call it “Fishing Bait”.
5. Crazy sharks may make you adrenaline pump.

How to Fish
1. Tilt the iPhone/iPod Touch to make the boat move.
2. Press the reel, arrow button, to make the magnet up and down.
3. Press the magnet button to change the magnetic pole.
4. Use opposite poles to attract the fishes.

How to purchase the gears
1. Select “Shop” in the world map to upgrade the fishing equipment.
2. Select boat, rod or magnet to process the purchase.

Sound Scratcher, Virus Fighter, Angel in cloud, Paper Airplane, Air Defense

VISIT US: www.gamememore.com
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/gamememore
FIND US: www.facebook.com/gamememore

Last edited by John Brooks; 02-22-2010 at 05:32 AM.
02-08-2010, 02:07 AM

Nobody responded to it, though :\

I still stand by what I said. It looks interesting. Is it like a crane game?

02-08-2010, 04:15 AM
I love the art style

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
02-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Game Impressions

I downloaded it earlier. Yes it is like a crane game, it plays a little bit like the game Golden Miner only you are using a fishing pole with a magnet. Its fun so far, I played about 40 minutes worth. There are a few different places to fish in the game... Fire Land, Ice Land, and Sea Land... different themed fishing areas located on a world map. A couple of the areas have to be unlocked by playing another area and then you can choose which one you want to fish at.

The gameplay is as follows... Your character is in a boat on top of the water/screen. There are up and down arrows on the side of the screen to raise and lower your line with the magnet attached. You move your boat with the accelerometer from side to side at the surface, dragging the magnet around in the water trying to catch fish swimming by and treasures at the bottom, while trying to avoid picking up any junk in the water like boots and cans scattered about. You score points and earn money for catching treasure and fish, and points are taken away from your score when you catch junk. You can change the magnets you have at any time while fishing by pressing the magnet button. Certain fish can only be caught with the right magnet.

The basic enemies to avoid in the game are big paper sharks that swim by and try to eat your magnet. If you lose 3 magnets the game is over. Each area in the game has 9 shark waves to survive/go through, with each wave the sharks swim faster and the waters become more infested. After each game you can spend the money you earned at the shop located on the world map to upgrade your equipment. You can upgrade your boat, pole, and magnet/hook so you can have a faster moving boat, a pole that reels faster and a stronger magnet to catch better treasures. The game has Local and Global leaderboards that you can submit your score to.

The graphics in the game are cool and unique. The fish, the boat, the sharks... pretty much everything seems to be made of paper/cardboard. There is some light background music going on to go with the gameplay, and a few average arcade sound effects when interacting with the fish/items and scoring points.

The game controls I described above work fine. Overall from what I've seen and played of the game so far its pretty fun. I'm not sure what else there is to see but I'll post more after I get a chance to put in some more time.

Question to the developer... I think there is a glitch in the game. Am I supposed to have $999,999 at the start of the game? I was able to buy/upgrade the best equipment within 10 minutes of playing because my account had $999,999.
02-08-2010, 04:50 AM
Thank you for the feedback.
02-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Those graphics are awesome! Great looking game.
02-08-2010, 09:32 AM
It's awesome!!
I like to play with those big sharks, they are so mean. I noticed that in some levels, the crab may born a lots of small crabs, sooo cute ~ BTW, it's crane game with paper style.
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Welcome to TA John Brooks!

Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Those graphics are awesome! Great looking game.
Exactly my words...

one more thing.... reminds me of the gfx from the Nim's island

Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I agree...the paper art graphics are definitely cute.

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't understand the connection between the magnet and the paper characters. I would have rather seen something like a paperclip at the end of the fishing line, thereby keeping with the whole paper theme.