★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Freeverse Publishing

03-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Freeverse Publishing

There are some opening in our schedules and we are looking to publish some extra titles.

So basically, if you are interested in Freeverse publishing your game, let me know.

bruce at freeverse dot com

We offer a few different payment structures depending on your needs.

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.
03-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippieman View Post
There are some opening in our schedules and we are looking to publish some extra titles.

So basically, if you are interested in Freeverse publishing your game, let me know.

bruce at freeverse dot com

We offer a few different payment structures depending on your needs.
For those of us who are not intimately familiar Freeverse, can you briefly describe what you offer, and in return for what?

Thanks
Ryan

Founder and CEO, R.Cloud Software
iPhone Apps: Digit Defenders, iLOLZ, Create-a-Cartoon Face,Create A Valentine
Currently Developing: Spellwars
Game Development Blog: rcloudsoftware.wordpress.com

03-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Sure, Freeverse was founded in 1994 as a Mac Shareware company.

It wasn't long before the company grew into a Retail software development studio. There were not many Mac publishing outlets, so Freeverse decided to self publish and had great success. We then branched out into more publishing.

In 2003 we got into Xbox 360 development. We have 3 released titles for XBLA, and a 4th in late development.

When the iPhone was announced we invested a lot into development so when the SDK dropped we were ready with a pipeline and several titles.

Shortly after we brought our partners, Strange Flavour on board with the iPhone. They made Plank, Flick Fishing and SlotZ Racer, which I don't have to tell you are highly successful games.

What we have to offer:

1. Technical knowledge and assistance. We have libraries and code we make available to our partners

2. Artwork and Creative Resources. Sometimes, like in the case of Strange Flavour we might help by doing some of the artwork. Or in the case of SlotZ Racer we built the server that enables track sharing.

3. Deep integration of Freeverse's name, website and other buzz words. When we publish a title, we full on support it and integrate it into our company. This means we advertise it fully, we work to ensure it's promoted on our website, other websites and in iTunes.

4. Developer love and support. We love our devs and keeping them happy and healthy and making money is our goal. When we publish a title, you become part of our family and we look after family.

5. Lastly we are approachable and reasonable. We are a self owned company, so there's little to no red tape. We can go from idea to execution of that idea in a matter of hours.

A few of the mac titles we have published:

Comic Life Deluxe for plasq
Sound Studio 3 for FeltTip
Legion Arena for Slitherine
Heroes of Might and Magic V for Ubisoft
Aibrust Extreme & Toysight for Strange Flavour
Hordes of Orcs for MrJoy

I'm always available to talk more one on one with any thing you might want to know.

03-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I think publishing with Freeverse is a good deal. Glad to hear you are looking for people. I'm getting my MacBook soon and will try to make an app. Maybe I'll come to you guys (if I actually learn the coding).
03-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Would you guys mind mailing me some of your payment structure and general benefit of publishing with freeverse?

Nexx Studio - Indie Game Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!
03-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Grumps,

The best is for you to drop me an email so we can discuss your needs and such. No two devs are the same, so our publishing efforts very from dev to dev (in their favor).

03-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I think we all recognize what a good publisher can do for a game, however there is practically no info on what that cost is to the developer. Apple are very up front that they take 30%. I see no reason why publishers shouldn't be as transparent with their terms.

Please feel free to post a ballpark figure.

Follow me on Twitter
Games/Ports I have on Appstore
GeoTris $0.99, iPlutoid Free, Neverputt ME $0.99, Noiz2sa Free Free, Neverputt HD $0.99
Coming this year MiZoo 2, 2 untitled games in work
03-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazrhog View Post
I think we all recognize what a good publisher can do for a game, however there is practically no info on what that cost is to the developer. Apple are very up front that they take 30%. I see no reason why publishers shouldn't be as transparent with their terms.

Please feel free to post a ballpark figure.
It's not like this.
If you are interested, contact them directly.

Welcome to the business world...
03-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Chillingo, I love you and Freeverse, but.... coming to their advertisement thread... to advertise yourself... instead of creating your own thread?
yep. you could just make your own thread like everyone else is doing.
03-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I'll chime in here as one of the devs that Freeverse is currently publishing. We've been with them for 5 years (Strange Flavour Ltd's 5th birthday is on April 1st!) since they helped us quit our day jobs writing console games at big company to set our own company up writing our own games.

We've gone from success to success with an Apple Design Award for ToySight (a game that's inspired several top iPhone games and apps it seems ), successful XBLA projects and 2 top selling iPhone games with Flick Fishing and SlotZ Racer. And that's with just 2 of us here, working from home in the UK with Freeverse giving us full support from the US.

They're a great team and for a small company punch well above their weight while still keeping a small team attitude and writing games for fun as well as the profit. They're also very positive in letting us go with our knowledge and skills and pick what projects we want to do rather than pushing us to do license projects or "whatever's currently selling".

I can thoroughly recommend Freeverse as publishers to any game developer.