★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Disgaea for iPhone and iPod Touch

08-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Disgaea for iPhone and iPod Touch

This is another one of those PocketGamer Rumour Miner announcements, so take it with the appropriate grain of salt. Here's the gist:

Quote:
The tactical role-playing game war is heating up! Not to be outdone by Square Enix's illustrious Final Fantasy Tactics, Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) is looking to release the famed first instalment of its Disgaea series for iPhone and iPod touch.
More info here.

On a personal note, I have it for the PSP and though I can't deny it's a good game, it just didn't click for me -- something about the overall ironic tone, perhaps. I'm sure other folks will be plenty excited, though.

BTW, recent Rumour Miner columns have also mentioned iPhone versions of:

* Devil May Cry
* Dante's Inferno
* Suikoden Tactics

For what it's worth, they were right Rage for iPhone/iPad.

Last edited by squarezero; 08-13-2010 at 10:14 AM.
08-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Disgaea + FF Tactics would fulfill my SRPG needs for a LONG time.... Let's hope it's true.

08-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Disgaea is one of my favorite SRPGs of all time. Shame it's another Rumor Mine article though... >_<

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
08-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Disgaea is one of my favorite games of all time so this would be fantastic if it was true. I own all versions and next to the Monster Hunter games it has the most play time out of all my PSP games.

Unfortunately it has been a long time since I've played them since I've kind of played them to death however, I would still get this version just to support the possiblity of future ports.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
08-13-2010, 04:08 PM
If its true...

*Mouth Drops*
08-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
This is another one of those PocketGamer Rumour Miner announcements, so take it with the appropriate grain of salt. Here's the gist:

More info here.

On a personal note, I have it for the PSP and though I can't deny it's a good game, it just didn't click for me -- something about the overall ironic tone, perhaps. I'm sure other folks will be plenty excited, though.

BTW, recent Rumour Miner columns have also mentioned iPhone versions of:

* Devil May Cry
* Dante's Inferno
* Suikoden Tactics

For what it's worth, they were right Rage for iPhone/iPad.

I'm MUCH more interested in Suikoden - actually they could probably port Suikoden 1 and 2 over - they were just Playstation 1 games, and they would both be awesome for the iPhone / iPad... 108 stars FTW...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donner View Post
Disgaea + FF Tactics would fulfill my SRPG needs for a LONG time.... Let's hope it's true.
Disgaea alone could fulfill your SRPG needs for the rest of your life .
08-13-2010, 07:04 PM
You had my hopes up Square, but as soon as I read 'Pocketgamer Rumor Mine' I pretty much gave up hope.

Still, what an awesome SRPG if it ever did come to the iDevice.

'A delayed game is bad for now, but a bad game is bad forever' - Shigeru Miyamoto
08-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduku View Post
You had my hopes up Square, but as soon as I read 'Pocketgamer Rumor Mine' I pretty much gave up hope.

Still, what an awesome SRPG if it ever did come to the iDevice.
I believe I started the OP with the source . Didn't want to mislead anybody.

That said, The Rumor Mine did get the Rage story right, so I think there's a little hope here.
08-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
If its true...

*Mouth Drops*
What he said

Still have all the Nippon Ichi games from PS2 and would buy them again in a heartbeat to play on the iphone.