★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

any iphone game thats like twisted metal?

08-13-2010, 02:17 PM
any iphone game thats like twisted metal?

I've been looking for a longtime... anyone know of any?

thanks in advance,
08-13-2010, 02:23 PM
I don't think so but that would be awesome.

08-13-2010, 02:28 PM
I knowwwww comeon gameloft or somebody please! lol
08-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Well, there's Auto Mangle. I have no idea whether it works on iOS 4 and the game looks and plays like an early iPhone 3D game, but I did waste a fair amount of time with it back in the day.

08-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Well, there's Auto Mangle. I have no idea whether it works on iOS 4 and the game looks and plays like an early iPhone 3D game, but I did waste a fair amount of time with it back in the day.

Wow that looks both interesting and weird. I'm checking out the lilte version.
08-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Wow that looks both interesting and weird. I'm checking out the lilte version.
Just re-installed it to check it out, and it does work with iOS4. It's pretty darn ugly, and the arena mode is as straightforward as it gets. But the cars are dynamically shaded and the framerate on a 3Gs is pretty phenomenal. The physics and controls are not terrible, either.
08-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Just re-installed it to check it out, and it does work with iOS4. It's pretty darn ugly, and the arena mode is as straightforward as it gets. But the cars are dynamically shaded and the framerate on a 3Gs is pretty phenomenal. The physics and controls are not terrible, either.
Haha! I'm trying out the lite version. It's not too bad! Like you said the graphics are pretty bad but the gameplay isn't horrible. The controls are actually playable.

However, $3.99 is pretty steep for this... isn't it?
08-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Haha! I'm trying out the lite version. It's not too bad! Like you said the graphics are pretty bad but the gameplay isn't horrible. The controls are actually playable.

However, $3.99 is pretty steep for this... isn't it?
Yeah, especially since it hasn't been updated in over a year. There is a editor included, though, but I don't think there's a way to upload/download them online.

Phart games used to be fairly active here, but it's been a while.
08-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Yeah, especially since it hasn't been updated in over a year. There is a editor included, though, but I don't think there's a way to upload/download them online.

Phart games used to be fairly active here, but it's been a while.
Yeah that's sad. Seems like this game had alot of potential.

AlienMangle by Phart Games looks like it had potential too.
08-22-2010, 10:09 AM
So are there any games out now that even compare to Twisted Metal? And is there any chance of ever seeing Twisted Metal on iPhone? It looks like it would perfectly fit the platform.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero