★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

A serious framerate problem with ALL Gameloft games on the iPad?

08-14-2010, 06:12 AM
A serious framerate problem with ALL Gameloft games on the iPad?

Hey guys,

I've just noted that all the Gameloft games on the iPad I've downloaded so far (HoS HD, Let's Golf 2 HD, N.O.V.A HD) all have serious framerate problems. I really love Gameloft games but the constant lag in the iPad versions sucks a lot of the joy out. Compare that to games like Real Racing HD, which runs glass smooth!

You should also note that the non-HD versions run silky smooth, 2x enlarged on the iPad and all iPhones, including iPhone 3G.

Anybody else experiencing same problem?

Last edited by Vikram; 08-14-2010 at 07:08 AM.
08-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram View Post
Hey guys,

I've just noted that all the Gameloft games on the iPad I've downloaded so far (HoS HD, Let's Golf 2 HD, N.O.V.A HD) all have serious framerate problems. I really love Gameloft games but the constant lag in the iPad versions sucks a lot of the joy out. Compare that to games like Real Racing HD, which runs glass smooth!

You should also note that the non-HD versions run silky smooth, 2x enlarged on the iPad and all iPhones, including iPhone 3G.

Anybody else experiencing same problem?
I found that Let's Golf 2 HD gets really, really laggy after long periods of play.
08-14-2010, 10:29 AM
I am a concientious objector to gameloft because they never update their apps and production quality is more often than not less than half that of indies
08-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmonine View Post
I am a concientious objector to gameloft because they never update their apps and production quality is more often than not less than half that of indies
Well I think Gameloft games are great and they should just update their games properly to fix such issues.
08-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Dungeon Hunter HD, Iron Man 2 HD, Asphalt 5 HD, and Brothers in Arms 2 HD have all run fine on my iPad. Have you tried powering off the iPad before playing?