★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Indigo Ocho v1.1 Released

03-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Indigo Ocho v1.1 Released

In Indigo Ocho version 1.1 -

- We've added a randomly generated untimed maze mode without obstacles and with an unlimited number of levels.
- Like balls now repel each other which keeps balls from clustering together and improves gameplay.
- The textures are changed and toned down
- The screen now dims significantly behind the UI
- Other graphical and UI changes
- The audio is louder
- Now built with for iPhone OS 2.0 instead of 2.2 for broader compatibility
- And there are a few other bug fixes in the mix

If anyone would like a promo code - especially if you're willing to review Indigo Ocho (on iTunes or elsewhere), just send me a private message and I'll send you one while we still have them. We'll be giving away about 15 more as of 12:04am eastern 3/6/09. (Probably tomorrow morning, though - gotta go to bed.. )

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305576697&mt=8

Thank you!

indigo8@axolotlstudios.com
03-06-2009, 01:32 AM
I already have the game, but since I don't have a US iTunes store account it's probably better to say stuff here rather than on iTunes.

I really think it'd be better if the balls moved a bit slower. I don't mean less accelerometer sensitivity, I mean actually have them roll slower - make them "heavier", a bit harder to move than they are now. Other than that, I really like how each level has a little 'task' to do in order to progress, it's a very challenging game, offers a lot more than other ball-in-a-maze games and it's pretty engaging, which I like.
03-06-2009, 01:36 AM
i also have this game but thanks for the offer! i haven't played with this since you updated but i'll let you know once i get the chance to try it again.
03-06-2009, 08:26 AM
@zamuz

Thanks -that's a great observation.

Also what would you think about starting out heavier on lower levels and lightening up as the game progresses?

I noticed some mention of it feeling very frenetic at the beginning..
03-06-2009, 08:28 AM
~10 More Promos Left

As of 8:28am Eastern.

See above and just shoot me an email. I may not respond till the evening, though - you know, day job and all.
03-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo8 View Post
Also what would you think about starting out heavier on lower levels and lightening up as the game progresses?
I'd like it if it was a bit heavier like I said but that would probably take away some of the challenge, so lightening up sounds pretty good too.