★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: From the makers of critically-acclaimed "Project Phoenix" comes a new, exciting creation. "Ultraviolet Dawn" is a hybrid space-shooter/trading game with a completely open Universe comprising over 1,000 stars to explore. "Ultraviolet Dawn" is our most beautiful and refined game to date.

There is no single predefined way to play - everything is entirely up to you. You chose what you want to be and how you want to play. You can be a peaceful merchant, shuttling goods between stars. You can be an outlaw, attacking innocent ships and capturing their cargo. You can be a smuggler, trading in illegal goods banned by the the Intergalactic Federation. You can even run missions, both legal and illegal.

There is so much to the game. Not only can you upgrade your ships weapons, but you can also upgrade equipment, such as adding more powerful engines or faster regenerating shields. You can even trade your ship in and fly something else entirely, whether a captured pirate ship or a large, bulky cargo carrier.

* Be good or evil: peaceful trader, independent bounty hunter, or a pirate outlaw - the choice is completely yours.
* Over 1,000 stars in an entirely open-ended universe to explore.
* 8 different ships to pilot.
* Unique goods trading system, with realistic demand and supply price calculations.
* Ability to hire teammates for help, with teammate formations provided.
* Fully upgradeable weapons systems.
* Upgradable ship equipment systems - engines, shields, and much more.
* Three difficulty levels.
* Local and global high scores.
* Savable at any point in time.
* Intense, driving music and awesome sound effects.

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEEIZ_Z9r1Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v2v8Dl-9yI

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/SCSGames

goiMot's comments:

iPhone version:
08-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Fun game. Highly recommended.

Gameloft Live/OpenFeint/AGON/Plus+/iTunes Reviewer: Revlisoft / GameCenter: SilverDragon / Favs: Project Phoenix Doodle Jump Dungeon Hunter 2 Sentinel 1/2/3 Tiny Tower Cartoon Wars GoldRush Dragon Portals Puzzle Quest 2 AoD Trenches Order & Chaos Nick Chase Superfall
08-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Game's great on the iphone, but on the ipad? Ok I bought both versions seeing as there were reasonably priced, but if you do a full force activator tweak on the iphone version for the ipad, you'll realised that the game works almost perfectly except for some buttons.

So the port to the iPad version probably didn't require a lot of work, but they should have done more usability testing first (or I should have tried out the lite version).

My main grouse is that the identity tags of opposite ships aren't really visible - they work fine on the iphone, but at the ipad's size? they are just tooo damn small to read, and disappear too fast. Half the time I have NO idea who I'm shooting at.

with so much space, could you make the FF ID tags much bigger? you could also place the buttons closer to the edges so i don't have to make an awkward thumb stretch to hit it.
08-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callandor View Post
Game's great on the iphone, but on the ipad? Ok I bought both versions seeing as there were reasonably priced, but if you do a full force activator tweak on the iphone version for the ipad, you'll realised that the game works almost perfectly except for some buttons.

So the port to the iPad version probably didn't require a lot of work, but they should have done more usability testing first (or I should have tried out the lite version).

My main grouse is that the identity tags of opposite ships aren't really visible - they work fine on the iphone, but at the ipad's size? they are just tooo damn small to read, and disappear too fast. Half the time I have NO idea who I'm shooting at.

with so much space, could you make the FF ID tags much bigger? you could also place the buttons closer to the edges so i don't have to make an awkward thumb stretch to hit it.
I have to agree with this. It's a game that I'm beginning to get into after initially ignoring its release on the iPhone (sorry! ). Great depth and freedom in gameplay. But, and I can't believe it's just because of my age, but those text labels are far too small for an iPad screen. It's made harder when the ship that's been targeted is moving around so quickly and the label, due to its size, is very blurred! Hope the developer can update to resolve this problem!

Otherwise, highly recommended for iPad owners!

Last edited by ataloss; 08-15-2010 at 11:30 PM.
08-16-2010, 03:54 AM
I bought the Iphone version but didn't get a chance to play it so tried Ipad Lite version.

On my first Trade run I was put off. The space station I was on said it exported a particular item which I bought a load of, so I looked for a station that imported that item, went there and found that I'd lost money after selling the item !

so how does that work ?

A station that exports stuff is more expensive than a station that imports stuff.

I'm missing the logic and the lack of instructions doesn't help.

Put me right off buying the full version I'm afraid and it's a great shame as I'm an Elite nut (gradually working my way through Darkstar one on the 360).
08-16-2010, 06:38 AM
I tried iphone version also, I'm going to see ipad version...