★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dark Raider is a remake of the classic Atari/Amiga game, Time Bandit. Explore a fantasy world full of castles, tombs, pyramids, arenas, mazes and forests. Unlike other twin stick shooter games, Dark Raider features fully interactive environments with puzzles, and large levels with secret areas.

Note: For iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd Gen 32/64 mb owners please get Dark Raider S for enhanced graphics.

16-20 hours of gameplay
3 difficulty levels
25 minutes of mood setting music
3D immersive sound
Amazing dynamic lighting. Light torches to see better in the dungeons.
360 degree movement and twin stick aiming.
Unlock new areas and level up your hero!
Variety of weapons including pistol, shotguns, grenades, rocket launcher, flame thrower, fireballs, blades.
Avoid fireballs, blades, and spike traps, and crush enemies with sliding blocks.
Nonlinear gameplay lets you pick which locations you want to play first.
64 progressively difficult levels spread across 8 unique locations.
Your goal is to collect keys and treasures while defending yourself from the neverending hordes of Ancient keepers. Find the exit and make it out alive to advance.
The more you play, the bigger and badder the world gets!
Combination of environmental puzzles and combat, with emphasis on combat

Pick your style! Each method provides a unique gameplay experience....
Accelerometer - plays like a first person shooter
Single Analog Stick - plays like an older retro game
Twin Stick - plays like a modern shooter such as iDracula or Geometry Wars
Accelerometer + Stick - plays like Labyrinth

View the exciting game trailer at www.tinyurl.com/DarkRaiderTrailer

More RPG Games:
Doodle Chopper, Puppet Jump, Puppet Sprint, Puppet Labyrinth, Super Soccer Kick 3D, Super Football Kick 3D, Pocket Farm, iFishing, iFishing Saltwater, Dark Raider, Dark Raider S, Blue Skies, Blue Skies 3GS, The Guy Game, The Girl Game, Asteroids 3K

-On Facebook at www.facebook.com/RockingPocketGames
-On Twitter at twitter.com/RockingPocket

RPGGuy's comments:
Dark Raider and Dark Raider S (3GS/iphone 4 optimized) are now available for free!

Dark Raider is a remake of the classic Atari ST/Amiga game, Time Bandit. Explore different worlds and collect treasure while fighting off hordes of insects and strange creatures spread over 64 levels.

08-15-2010, 12:27 PM
ooo wow, i remember this game.. woohooo. thank you. gonna go grab it now.

im downloading now if i could make a recommendation.. make one app that is universal.. unless its about money. cause it was confusing seeing two + the lite versions.

Last edited by sid187; 08-15-2010 at 12:37 PM.

08-15-2010, 12:59 PM
This game is well worth picking up for free.
08-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Never played it before and commenting on how much I'm enjoying this and a definite pickup while its free.
08-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Downloading Dark Raider S. Finally another game that has 3GS7Touch 3G enhancements that you get for free!
08-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Actually this is pretty fun. Works well on the iPad also.
08-15-2010, 01:33 PM
well i downloaded both. and tried them both..

anyhow, i think i would change the error message "telling someone you told them so and go buy the other app" is not something i would want to read if i bought the wrong one by accident. yeah i know you think if they read it its there fault.. but if it was me i would not buy another app from you.. especially after figuring out i wasted money then being told so and go buy another one..

id keep the message simple "this version is for X" not i told you so.
anyhow.. ill stop my rant.

its a good game thank you. you rock.

Last edited by sid187; 08-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.
08-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Passed on this last time, not going to make that mistake again.

Invaders Must Die.
08-15-2010, 03:14 PM
I play this one often and love it -- it's huge; it's like a combo of Gauntlet, Tutankhamen & an old ST/Amiga game called Time Bandit.
08-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by JCat View Post
I play this one often and love it -- it's huge; it's like a combo of Gauntlet, Tutankhamen & an old ST/Amiga game called Time Bandit.
wow i have not even thought of gauntlet in years. laughs