★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: X-Plane 9 gets it's third update.

10-19-2008, 07:18 PM
X-Plane 9 gets it's third update.

This update included a HUD (stuff the casual gamer will never understand), some some more details on the mini-map on the settings screen.

Not that big of an update, but at least it is one. I hope soon Austin will finally add some more planes and actual buildings for the airports.
10-19-2008, 07:20 PM
I agree, airports would be a pretty cool addition.

10-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I said it once, I'll say it again

I want a ground shadow! I can't land for crap w/o it...
10-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Let's get Austin on this forum.

Somebody email him, I'm too lazy.
austin@x-plane.com
10-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armbruster View Post
some some more details

hihihi

yes, more planes and airports or a slight price drop would convince me to buy this...i'm just afraid that as soon as i do buy it, the price will drop, or x-plane [different landscape] will be developed and sold

i dunno...I should just break down and buy it, i do want it...but have been burned so many times...maybe one more week...i'll play topple and jelly car to bide my time
10-19-2008, 07:41 PM
I should have waited...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
hihihi

yes, more planes and airports or a slight price drop would convince me to buy this...i'm just afraid that as soon as i do buy it, the price will drop, or x-plane [different landscape] will be developed and sold

i dunno...I should just break down and buy it, i do want it...but have been burned so many times...maybe one more week...i'll play topple and jelly car to bide my time
I think i should have waited, it is awesome for a flight sim, but I think it could be just a hair more polished in terms of some small buildings or something...

something like a ground shadow...
10-19-2008, 08:07 PM
I am hoping that now that they have the interest and captivation of their newest group of buyers - the real pilots, that now they will add the following to this wonderful flight sim:
-MORE PLANES!!!
-more places to fly (more than just Insbruck, Austria)
-groundshadows! I, like others of you can't get a good landing to save my life!
-also airports would be incredibly gladly welcome along with more improvement of the terrain/scenery (such as buildings and the like, to make it similar to the desktop PC/Mac version.)

I only have the demo of the desktop version, but it IS quite a bit more detailed and there still several things to be added to make it equal to the desktop version, but the iPhone is getting closer and closer with every update they release.
10-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Quote:
i have also already coded some amazingly fun new stuff for it that should make any pilots's head explode.. it will be ready for upload in a week or so, but will still take time beyond that for apple to approve, once i upload it.
That's Austin's comment to the update process. He said that about a week ago.

I wonder if the HUD was what he was talking about.
10-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armbruster View Post
That's Austin's comment to the update process. He said that about a week ago.

I wonder if the HUD was what he was talking about.
your probably right...
10-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I love X-Plane but also would like more planes. It's a bit hard to land but I manage to land without crashing, just usually NEXT to the airport and not ON the strip. lol