★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Play the new 2D Platform game IceCube Adventures for your iPhone/iPod Touch with unique one-touch control mechanics. No tilting/swiping or controls on your screen! Go on an adventure with IceCube to fight all evil in the world!

IceCube Adventure features:
- A challenging 2D Platform game like you never played before!
- Beautiful graphics combined with impressive game music and great sound effects delivers an immersive game experience.
- Play the game in easy or hard mode, to test if you are really able to master the game.
- Tutorial and Assistance Control
- Multitasking support
- Retina Display support

Explore many various places, visit the Dark Forest, find secret Caves, climb the Mountain and enter the Old Mine. IceCube Adventures will keep even the enthusiast gamers attracted for several hours. Solve puzzles, fight ShadowCubes, collect keys and acquire skills to save the world!

Gabrien's comments:
This is an odd one. Best way I can think to describe it, is take "The Impossible Game" and chuck it into a platform adventure. You're able to change direction but cannot stop. Controls are fine technically, but the mechanic feels infuriating at first. Then you get used to it and it feels...slightly less infuriating. Then, amid sporadic urges to throw your iPhone against the nearest wall, you find yourself performing feats you did not think possible. Occasionally.

Difficulty is definitely brutal. Perhaps for those looking for a challenge.

08-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Certainly liking the graphical style, thanks Gabrien for the impressions

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

08-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Game Impressions

Having spent about an hour with this so far and gotten to the first boss, I have to say I did not give this game enough credit at first. As familiarity with control and gameplay grows, (first step is to get past thinking in traditional platformer terms) the levels of frustration decrease significantly. What I find myself playing now, is a unique, addictive, highly polished platformer with a real sense of achievement and progression. Have to recommend this most highly.
08-15-2010, 10:55 PM
This one has got me curious. I would love to see some video of the gameplay.
08-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
This one has got me curious. I would love to see some video of the gameplay.
There is a video at:

http://www.icecubeadventures.com/
08-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Faster this way:

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-16-2010, 12:21 AM
What is the continue/save system like?
08-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Wow, looks really cool. I love the face of 'the darkness' when they get stomped!

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
08-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
What is the continue/save system like?
I am wondering this myself!
08-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Having spent about an hour with this so far and gotten to the first boss, I have to say I did not give this game enough credit at first. As familiarity with control and gameplay grows, (first step is to get past thinking in traditional platformer terms) the levels of frustration decrease significantly. What I find myself playing now, is a unique, addictive, highly polished platformer with a real sense of achievement and progression. Have to recommend this most highly.
Thanks Gabrien. I've spent only a few minutes with it, but I can already see that it's very polished and unique. Nice find!