Support our Sponsors:

Old 03-06-2009, 05:21 AM

Default Agile Forces news

A couple of threads regarding Mecho Wars and Advance Wars has mentioned Agile Forces but I think this deserves its own thread.

Basically this came out back in the jailbreaking 1.1.4 installer days, and was a pretty good game, almost a full Advance Wars clone.

Screenies:

http://www.agilemobile.com/ipafscreens.html

I recently emailed the developer about it and I got this reply:

Code:
Phi,

Agile forces should be available in the appstore in the next few weeks.  I will be sure to keep you posted.

BR
Seth
Mecho Wars probably raised a few alarm bells for Agile, so this is good news, I am looking forward to this!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This will be awesome, though what little time management skills I have might fly out the window when I have both this and Mecho Wars on my device
Old 03-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned

mecho wars seems like a must buy for me.
this one? not really.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Mecho Wars looks like it will be great, but I've been waiting for Agile Forces...bring back memories of me cutting class and playing video games in computer lab
Old 03-06-2009, 02:24 PM

This is great news, but I'm a little annoyed - for starters, I've sent two emails to these guys and have never received a reply. How do you rate? Second of all, the game was finished and working very well almost nine months ago!! What the **** is taking so long?!
Old 03-06-2009, 02:30 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis View Post
This is great news, but I'm a little annoyed - for starters, I've sent two emails to these guys and have never received a reply. How do you rate? Second of all, the game was finished and working very well almost nine months ago!! What the **** is taking so long?!
Aw, they didn't rush this just for you? How rude of them Maybe they were just annoyed by your emails and held back on purpose Just be happy it's coming. That's all that really matters now.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Developer
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Ahh finally its back. I've been playing that back in the days..till they removed it from the Installer for a period of time. Its probably not as appealing as it used to be in the current market (rich options)
Old 03-06-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Aw, they didn't rush this just for you? How rude of them Maybe they were just annoyed by your emails and held back on purpose Just be happy it's coming. That's all that really matters now.
Rush this out? The game was completed nine months ago. How could anyone possibly consider a release at any time since then 'rushed' ?!

As for my emails, whatever. The first one (sent last September?) was very polite and obviously came from a fan and guaranteed customer. The second, sent this week, was more to the point. hehe ... In any case, I'm still looking forward to the game and I'll probably still buy it, but my opinion of the devs behind it has soured considerably. They're either lazy or incompetent to have dragged their feet for so long on a potential goldmine like this (so I guess you can add 'ignorant' to the list, too) and the fact that there have been no updates or news from them in nine months shows just how little respect they have for their customers. Or at the very least, how out of touch with the community they are.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phi6 View Post
Basically this came out back in the jailbreaking 1.1.4 installer days, and was a pretty good game, almost a full Advance Wars clone.
Yep, you're right! Was one of the best games in that days , enjoyed it a lot.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyone View Post
Well, two things might have delayed the game:

1. They had to change some lines of code so as to fall within the specified guidelines of the Apple SDK. There are quite a few games that were developed for jailbroken devices before Apple released the SDK (or, later, because the development was already underway for jailbroken devices or for other reasons) that don't abide by Apple approved methods. So, that may have been an issue.

2. Apple's approval process is sometimes quite lengthy.

Just because the game is "done" for jb doesn't mean it's "done" for the App Store.
Do you think Mavis really really wants this game?

To spiffyone's point, there are apps that are stuck in Apple review purgatory. I've spoken to devs who have submitted apps that take weeks and months to approve, and this is after having to resubmit multiple times. Most of the time, it has little to do with the devs and more with the reviews process.