★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Virtual Joystick Problems?

08-17-2010, 03:52 AM
Virtual Joystick Problems?

Anyone else have issues playing games with a virtual joystick/d-pad?

I'm not complaining, I can't think of a better control scheme, but I've got some fat friggin' fingers, and sometimes it can be a pain in the ass trying to play games that require precise controls.

Take Across Age, for example. I have a helluva time with that because you need to move your character in a specific way to kill enemies.

I haven't even touched arcade shooters or fighting games, I'd expect that would be hell.

Anyone else have similar obstacles? What do you do about it?
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Anyone else have issues playing games with a virtual joystick/d-pad?

I'm not complaining, I can't think of a better control scheme, but I've got some fat friggin' fingers, and sometimes it can be a pain in the ass trying to play games that require precise controls.

Take Across Age, for example. I have a helluva time with that because you need to move your character in a specific way to kill enemies.

I haven't even touched arcade shooters or fighting games, I'd expect that would be hell.

Anyone else have similar obstacles? What do you do about it?
I actually have no problem with Virtual joysticks/d-pads if they work properly and responsively such as in games like NOVA or Minigore or Guerilla Bob and such.

I think they work just fine.

02-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I have the same problems, I'm still new to this, so maybe it's a learning curve thing, but the vitual joystick never seems to work well with my thumbs.
02-03-2011, 10:45 AM
I have issues with a lot of games too. I think it takes practice...I hope. My bro is mailing me some Fling virtual analog sticks as a birthday present. I was hesitant to buy them, but was hoping they were good. Guess I will find out soon. Maybe that will help with my control problems with Aralon.
02-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
No problems for me. Most FPS's and dual stick shooters work perfectly. Maybe try an iPad?
02-04-2011, 06:55 AM
that's typical...actually we are fighting crazily inhouse for the control. totally a mass now!
maybe i need to start a thread talking this issue with you guys.
02-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapMad_D View Post
that's typical...actually we are fighting crazily inhouse for the control. totally a mass now!
maybe i need to start a thread talking this issue with you guys.
Thanks but we don't need another thread about the subject!