★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

robotron 2084 iPhone?

08-17-2010, 03:45 PM
#1
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 122
robotron 2084 iPhone?

Title says it all
08-17-2010, 03:53 PM
#2
Joined: May 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJohnson064 View Post
Title says it all
I don't get it. The title doesn't even have a verb in it. O_o

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!

08-17-2010, 03:56 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
I don't get it. The title doesn't even have a verb in it. O_o
Its a question... Is there a Robotron?
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJohnson064 View Post
Its a question... Is there a Robotron?
Likely not. It was a Williams game, which was consumed by Midway, which is now kaput. I have a feeling a lot of those older franchises are in legal limbo about now.
08-17-2010, 04:47 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 359
To hit up the others that might know more...

Is there a Robotron clone?

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.
08-17-2010, 05:11 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkieSuthorn View Post
To hit up the others that might know more...

Is there a Robotron clone?

Munkie!
Well, Robotron is the prototypical dual-stick top-down shooter so I would look in that direction.
08-17-2010, 09:58 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,988
No one loved Robotron more than I did. I could play it for a LONGGG time when I was 13 (20-30 min a game?).

Having tried to play it on Playstation 2 in recent years, I can tell you that it just doesnt seem as great as it once did, at least to me.

There are a million dual stick shooters, but no clone I'm aware of.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
08-17-2010, 10:48 PM
#8
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
No one loved Robotron more than I did. I could play it for a LONGGG time when I was 13 (20-30 min a game?).

Having tried to play it on Playstation 2 in recent years, I can tell you that it just doesnt seem as great as it once did, at least to me.

There are a million dual stick shooters, but no clone I'm aware of.
Well, you're not alone - it was the only thing I played in the arcade for many moons during that era. It still makes all other twin stickers seem like a picnic in terms of a challenge. The concept to me, holds up better than the majority of the twin stick games out on iphone. Not all, but most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJohnson064 View Post
Title says it all

Well, it's not for iphone, but rather iPad.. but these guys are (were?) working on a Robotron clone. Don't know what the status is... no updates on the thread in a while:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...light=robotron
08-17-2010, 10:56 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCat View Post
Well, you're not alone - it was the only thing I played in the arcade for many moons during that era. It still makes all other twin stickers seem like a picnic in terms of a challenge. The concept to me, holds up better than the majority of the twin stick games out on iphone. Not all, but most.
I still shudder when I see pictures of Evil Otto. He had no backstory, no motivation. He simply wanted to kill you -- and he was unstoppable.

I voted for him on GameSpot's All Time Greatest Villain poll.
08-17-2010, 11:01 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I still shudder when I see pictures of Evil Otto. He had no backstory, no motivation. He simply wanted to kill you -- and he was unstoppable.

I voted for him on GameSpot's All Time Greatest Villain poll.
You are referring to "Berserk" I hope?