★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: -----------------------------------------
As featured earlier on the FAAD GOLD App by FreeAppADay.com
-----------------------------------------

Over 750,000 copies downloaded to date.

Do you have what it takes to survive an alien invasion? Defend your redneck farmhouse from waves of outer-space invaders in this new spin on the classic tower defence strategy genre. Kill enemies, earn money, buy upgrades, and repeat!

Get out the Potato Gun, Lawnmower Blade Launcher, or those old bottles of Mayonnaise. You will have to use everything at your disposal: tornadoes, farts, shotguns, AK-47's, mine traps (and much more). Yeehaw!

Features:
- 10 Gun Types
- 7 Upgradeable Home Improvements
- 8 Alien Enemy Types
- 3 Special Power-Ups

Guns:
- Potato Gun
- Lawnmower Blade Launcher
- Flaming Tennis Racquet
- 12-Gauge Shotgun
- .357 Magnum
- AK-47
- .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle
- Mayonnaise Bombs
- Banjo Boomerang
- Toilet Seat

You are humanity's last hope. The aliens think they caught you by surprise, but they have no idea who they are messing with.

Get 'er Done!

goiMot's comments:

Lite:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rednecks-vs-aliens-lite/id386212887?mt=8
08-17-2010, 06:19 PM
This is pretty fun app I just made a review under Gsubalwajie (idk if i spelled it right). I'll say it again it is fun, graphics are good, cotrol are beautiful, plenty of content. But nothing that stands out.

08-17-2010, 07:10 PM
just tried the lite, love it, just wish i knew whether there was going to be an ipad version or if this will ever be universal.

i hate buying apps twice, so now i just put everything on a wait list to see if an HD version comes out
08-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
just tried the lite, love it, just wish i knew whether there was going to be an ipad version or if this will ever be universal.

i hate buying apps twice, so now i just put everything on a wait list to see if an HD version comes out
Hey, there is a good chance that there will be an HD/iPad game if we can think of additional features that would make it more fun on an iPad. It would also be universal so people who purchased the original version wouldn't have to pay twice.

If you have any suggestions for what an iPad version should have beyond what the current iPhone version has, feel free to throw them out there.
08-17-2010, 09:25 PM
i wanted to see what the lawn mower did
will give it a try..
chris.
08-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherrrussia View Post
Hey, there is a good chance that there will be an HD/iPad game if we can think of additional features that would make it more fun on an iPad. It would also be universal so people who purchased the original version wouldn't have to pay twice.

If you have any suggestions for what an iPad version should have beyond what the current iPhone version has, feel free to throw them out there.
great to hear! Here's my relatively simple suggestions. instead of just using higher textures (which should be done obviously for the ipad and iphone4), i think the ipad version specifically would make better use of the extra space by the following extra features;

- bigger house (but not in a way that make it take up proportionally much more space, but instead, having more windows/etc from which additional weapons can be fired (and bought for obviously).

- the attack zone should be wider, so that more time is given to attack the extra aliens attacking, this would make it a little more hectic.

- add a nuke if there isn't one already

i think these 3 things would make the ipad version funner than the iphone version, but not sure if they would be doable and still keep a single universal binary, might be too big since it'd really almost a completely different game.

thought of another one, being able to buy a camper trailer to put besides the house giving the player another window or two for additional weapons, and perhaps kids inside the trailer to help out

it could be optional obviously, i.e. an ipad player could still play the standard game as is with just higher textures, but might be too much of a mess to deal with programming wise.

what do you think?

Last edited by araczynski; 08-17-2010 at 10:19 PM.
08-18-2010, 12:31 AM
@araczynski - Thanks a lot for these great suggestions. LOVE the nuke idea, and the gameplay ideas are definitely good

@Epox - Thanks for taking the time to review the app.

I've set up a contest and promo code giveaway on this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=64398

Araczynski, I am adding you 1 entry into the contest for the great suggestions and Epox, I am adding you 1 entry into the contest for the review.
08-18-2010, 07:20 AM
added more on the contest page
08-20-2010, 01:42 PM
This game is soooo much fun I purchased it the other day. The game is brilliantly executed.
08-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Its been great so far I'm on round 54. Any plans on creating a survival mode?