★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Are there any games like FATE on the iphone?

08-17-2010, 06:36 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 99
Are there any games like FATE on the iphone?

I really enjoyed the game FATE for the Computer and was wondering if there were any similar games on the iphone/itouch

I've looked at dungeon hunter, but what I liked about FATE is that you weren't stuck to specific class, and you could use whatever weapon you liked depending on your stats
08-17-2010, 06:42 PM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym4n View Post
I really enjoyed the game FATE for the Computer and was wondering if there were any similar games on the iphone/itouch

I've looked at dungeon hunter, but what I liked about FATE is that you weren't stuck to specific class, and you could use whatever weapon you liked depending on your stats
Dungeon hunter is pretty close. Monsters drop items with special magic skills just like in fate. There are unlimited dungeons, spells to cast, quests to complete. Fate is still better, if only someone would port it to iPhone

08-17-2010, 07:37 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym4n View Post
I really enjoyed the game FATE for the Computer and was wondering if there were any similar games on the iphone/itouch

I've looked at dungeon hunter, but what I liked about FATE is that you weren't stuck to specific class, and you could use whatever weapon you liked depending on your stats
there are 3 classes in dungeon hunter, but its not unlimited as someone just said, lvl50 is max, and you have to do a lot of grinding to get there, and theres no endgame so no point. but the 3 playthroughs as the 3 classes are GREAT! best action rpg on the appstore by far.
08-17-2010, 08:05 PM
#4
Joined: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,375
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Torchlight, by the devs of FATE, is being ported to the iPad, but as far as I know they haven't mentioned the smaller iDevices. =( for now your best shot is probably Dungeon Hunter.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
08-17-2010, 08:27 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: us of a
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Torchlight, by the devs of FATE, is being ported to the iPad, but as far as I know they haven't mentioned the smaller iDevices. =( for now your best shot is probably Dungeon Hunter.
It is?! Holy crap I loved Torchlight.

I would recommend The Quest, it's a large and fun RPG with plenty of expansions.

08-17-2010, 08:32 PM
#6
Joined: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,375
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
It is?! Holy crap I loved Torchlight.
It is indeed. http://www.nowgamer.com/features/633/size-matters?o=1
Quote:
“We’re still in the process of porting our game to Mac so we do hope that the iPad will run Torchlight in the future."

i'm a pretty kitty cat
08-18-2010, 12:30 AM
#7
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
It is?! Holy crap I loved Torchlight.
...
Woo Torchlight on iPad? Great, Fate would be a good idea too but well Torchlight is huge. But I wonder how they'll manage the lack of CPU... and the Touch controls.
08-18-2010, 12:36 AM
#8
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Ha well that's old news but very vague, Torchlight is now on Mac since some months but I haven't heard anything about an ipad project. There's potentially a huge CPU problem.
08-18-2010, 04:14 AM
#9
Joined: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,375
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Ha well that's old news but very vague, Torchlight is now on Mac since some months but I haven't heard anything about an ipad project. There's potentially a huge CPU problem.
Torchlight already has a netbook mode, which is supposed to run smooth. I'm sure they could strip it down some more.

i'm a pretty kitty cat