★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A new version of the app has been released.
The details are as follows:

[Supported devices]
The iOS 9.0 is now supported.
As a result, the compatibility requirements will undergo the following changes:

Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, iOS 4.3 or later

Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, iOS 6.0 or later

Note that after installing the upgrade, devices utilizing iOS 5.x or earlier
will be unable to redownload the app or upgrade it again.

[Bug fixes]
Fixed various bugs within the app.

The standard-bearer in historical simulation gaming, Nobunagas Ambition, is available at last on iPhone and iPod touch. This title is a strategic historical simulation game set against the backdrop of the struggle for power played out by the mighty warlords of Warring States-era Japan. You will play as one of these warlords (daimyo), among them the revolutionary Nobunaga Oda, the Tiger of Kai Shingen Takeda, and the Dragon of Echigo Kenshin Uesugi, and fight for control of the 50 fiefdoms of ancient Japan, from Ezo in the north to Kyushu in the south.

Game Features
1. A return to the roots of the Nobunagas Ambition series.
The Nobunagas Ambition series has continued to evolve over the many years of its existence, but this title is its foundation, with its simple yet addictive game play and stylish presentation. The beautifully appropriate musical score is back, and the touch controls on the iPhone / iPod touch version make it easier to play than ever before.

2. A cast of unique characters.
This title features over 50 unique daimyo, each striving to control his own fief, and eventually to unify the land. Each player can find their favorite, and lead them to glory. Use the GPS feature within Japan to strengthen the Daimyo who controlled the fief you're currently in.

3. The twin pillars of domestic government and war.
To hire and train troops and prepare for war, you must procure funds through the development of commerce and agriculture in your fief. Timing is crucial when it comes to the right moment to launch a strike against another fiefachieving the perfect balance between development and militarism is the only way to unite the land. Learn the basics of strategy and warfare with the easy and intuitive tutorial.

4. New original features.
The iPhone / iPod touch version of the game contains new original features such as the ability to create your own daimyo, a game mode that allows you to extend your life infinitely, and the ability to play your own music playlists as background music in the game. Now you can create your very own vision of the Warring States-era that suits the way you want to play.

Gabrien's comments:
Loved this on a PC many years ago. If only KOEI would price these things competitively. Still debating a purchase.

08-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Not available in the US store yet, but it looks interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobunaga%27s_Ambition

i'm a pretty kitty cat

08-17-2010, 08:53 PM
ha, nice!

It's amusing how there's a couple of these Japanese developers stubbornly sticking to their guns and charging higher prices for these games. Seriously, I am happy they do that, but I hope they still see some sales with these known brands. Very curious what kind of numbers they move..
08-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Looks great.

Last edited by goiMot; 08-17-2010 at 10:10 PM.
08-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
ha, nice!

It's amusing how there's a couple of these Japanese developers stubbornly sticking to their guns and charging higher prices for these games. Seriously, I am happy they do that, but I hope they still see some sales with these known brands. Very curious what kind of numbers they move..
Well, this is only their second release, but I presume they must've done well enough with the first one (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) to release this at the same price.

I managed to resist "Romance" thus far, but have a feeling this one will be harder. The graphics look like an improvement as well.

To my knowledge, "Romance" has never budged from its release price. Somebody correct me if you know different.
08-17-2010, 09:17 PM
$12!?!?!? Try cutting it down $7 and I might bite.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
08-17-2010, 09:30 PM
$12 is ridiculous for what you get... $5 is a lot more reasonable.

Openfeint ID/Plus+/AC2 MP: Bahgett
Gamecenter: Hamburger Time
08-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh man...

Romance was a very fun game, but I felt like the strategic options during combat were weak... looking at the screenshots, combat here seems a bit more complex with horse, foot and firearms and uh, whatever the helm represents... Need to understand more about the combat system and need more itunes credit
08-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystero View Post
Romance was a very fun game, but I felt like the strategic options during combat were weak... looking at the screenshots, combat here seems a bit more complex with horse, foot and firearms and uh, whatever the helm represents... Need to understand more about the combat system and need more itunes credit
As far as I recall, though similar, "Romance" focused that little bit more on diplomacy and various related strategies, while "Nobunaga" focused more on combat. I could be wrong, it's been a long time and the lines between the two games are blurry for me, but yes, it wouldn't surprise me to see more combat options here.

Still debating a purchase. Would at least like a video but haven't been able to find one yet.

Also US price should be $9.99. Unless there is some kind of oddity. 12.99 Aus has always translated to 9.99 US in the past.
08-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Well, as great as this game looks, I'll have to pass it up due to price. It's unfortunate, since it'd be the perfect opportunity for me to give these games a chance, but I don't think I'll go for it at such a price.