★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iEmpire = Shadiest iPhone game yet?

03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
iEmpire = Shadiest iPhone game yet?

Beyond the fact that the game is absolutely horrible (as I said in my not-yet-posted review, you MIGHT like this game if you are a Russian Engineer with a casual acquaintance with English), it also seems to not be shy about some very dubious practices.

In the game, it mentions that if you give the game a 5-star review on iTunes and post your username you'll get rewarded in the game.

That's pretty bad.

I've already deleted the Lite version from my iPhone (it was just plain horrible). But what do you all think about this practice?
03-06-2009, 03:44 PM
that 5 star review thing is dishonest and tricks poor users into getting crapps. I know for sure I won't be purchasing this one. I look forward to the review so I can laugh at the game.

Just a gal who likes to write and has an unhealthy(probably) attachment to her iPod.

Top 6 favorite games right now: {Rogue Touch, Sway, Pocket God, Archibald's Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, Platypus}

03-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
Beyond the fact that the game is absolutely horrible (as I said in my not-yet-posted review, you MIGHT like this game if you are a Russian Engineer with a casual acquaintance with English), it also seems to not be shy about some very dubious practices.

In the game, it mentions that if you give the game a 5-star review on iTunes and post your username you'll get rewarded in the game.

That's pretty bad.

I've already deleted the Lite version from my iPhone (it was just plain horrible). But what do you all think about this practice?
I think they should be drawn and quartered...
03-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by le'deuche123 View Post
I think they should be drawn and quartered...
That's such an imperialist response
03-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I didn't even bother downloading the Lite version.

And after the bit about the whole "Tample" thing (lmao)...I definitely will never be downloading this...

Even if it was updated and crap...I still think the game would be/look pretty boring.

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2
03-06-2009, 05:13 PM
I checked the screenshots ..is there an actual *game* in there? I saw lots of inventory and stats, but nothing to show what the game itself is like. Maybe they haven't gotten around to the graphics for that yet.
03-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Hurray my review was posted.

There is not much of a game there at all. They basically made as simple a transition as possible from a web-site game (which may or may not exist). They even have refresh buttons on every page (nothing refreshes on its own).

To get graphics you have to hit a button to download graphics. To examine an item you are wearing you have to take it off, then hit an extremely tiny button to put it back on, which is right next to another extremely tiny button to destroy the item.

To fight someone you have to request a challenge, then they have to accept the request, then you have to initiate the challenge, then they have to accept the initiation, then (according to the directions, since I never got this far) if either of you disconnects or takes longer than 15 seconds to make a move then the other player can force you to forfeit.

The English in the game is so bad, you have to realize at some point that this entire thing was done by a (or a few) Russian Engineers who previously only wrote stereo amplifier dip switch manuals WHILE they were drunk on some very low quality vodka.