★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: WordJong or WordFu

03-06-2009, 03:39 PM
WordJong or WordFu

Can't decide, which is the better game?
03-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoto View Post
They are... opposites.

Do you like slow, relaxed gameplay? Or fast, frenetic gameplay?

03-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
They are... opposites.

Do you like slow, relaxed gameplay? Or fast, frenetic gameplay?
Exactly! Answer the question above and you have your answer. I have both, but I am an addict!

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
03-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoto View Post
Honestly, they cater to different interests so my question to you is-- do you want a fast-paced, spontaneous experience like Boggle or a slower, more contemplative experience like Scrabble? WordFu is build around coming up with as many words as you can in a short amount of time whereas WordJong is built around specific, daily puzzles that need to be solved (though there is usually more than one solution)

You can't go wrong with either. Presentation and replay value are excellent in both titles, but you may get longer-term enjoyment out of WordJong
03-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Both Great

have both games, and dig them both. I prefer the pace of wordjong a bit more. wordfu can be stressful sometimes!

Plus, the wordjong daily system is better for comparing scores with friends. Its never quite even ground with wordfu. both games really need online leaderboards tho...
03-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by man835 View Post
have both games, and dig them both. I prefer the pace of wordjong a bit more. wordfu can be stressful sometimes!

Plus, the wordjong daily system is better for comparing scores with friends. Its never quite even ground with wordfu. both games really need online leaderboards tho...
Stay tuned for our next update! We'll be loosening the timer up as on option and adding a way to compete with your friends on an even ground
03-13-2009, 01:15 PM
WordFu -- I like the quicker pace myself.

No DPad - iPhone and iPod Touch gaming. Who says gamers need a dpad?
03-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio at ngmoco View Post
Stay tuned for our next update! We'll be loosening the timer up as on option and adding a way to compete with your friends on an even ground
Any chance a lite version of WordFu will be coming out? Because I've been looking at it for awhile and have it on my snipe list for $.99 but would love to give it a try before I buy it at $1.99.

WordJong looks good too, I just really haven't decided what to get yet. Although the slower pace of WordJong sounds good.
03-13-2009, 01:59 PM
The sound effects of WordFu are what have me sold Now I'll have to look into WordJong too... I hadn't heard of it.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
03-13-2009, 02:02 PM
WordFu is phenomenal, you're going to have a hard time finding anyone who regrets flipping out the two bucks for that game. Between the hilarious sound effects, the unique letter dice mechanics, karate chopping to enter words, and unbelievably fun multiplayer... It's a steal for $2.

You can pretty much just blindly press "BUY NOW" on any ngmoco game and end up with something good.