★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Does the "Availability Date" work in iTunes connect

08-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Does the "Availability Date" work in iTunes connect

So I've got a game waiting to be released and when I submitted it I chose an availability date of August 21. The thing is, in iTunes Connect it now says it has a release date of August 17 which is when Apple approved the app. Does this mean I've just wasted the two days it would have had in the new releases list? (on the 21st will it already be buried under 5 pages of new releases since the 17th?)

"when he eats three poops and becomes muscle bound, that was worth the .99 right there." -Super Fly!
Tetris and Bubble Wrap had a baby and named it Super Juicy!
TouchGen Best of 2009 Finalist! 5/5 Best of 2009
08-19-2010, 03:22 AM
You should be fine, It will show up under the new releases. This is what Monster Dash / Epic Win have done recently, they set a release date and it comes out when each store hits midnight, so New Zealand and Australia get it first and last to get it is the US.

Monster Dash is in the new releases, so it's fine.

We Are Colin - Indie Games from Derby, UK. Facebook Twitter YouTube
Gravity Runner - Running game with Retro Graphics
Screw The Dealer + iSevens - Card Games -
WordSearch Rush - Featured by Apple - Available now
08-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I lost my nerve last night and released it! I'm so used to things in itunes not working correctly that I assumed it didn't work. I was trying to time some things for this weekend.

"when he eats three poops and becomes muscle bound, that was worth the .99 right there." -Super Fly!
Tetris and Bubble Wrap had a baby and named it Super Juicy!
TouchGen Best of 2009 Finalist! 5/5 Best of 2009