★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Do you find yourself buying more than you're playing?

03-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Do you find yourself buying more than you're playing?

It's so easy to get excited and buy games, but I find it I'm not really getting to spend times with my games. I imposed a five-page limit, and if I run out of room, I HAVE to delete something before I download something else. Right now I want to finish the 5 hidden object games and once I finish those I can delete them and finish the two picross games I have left and once I delete those maybe finish the three time management games I have and play Moxie and Wordsworth and Wordfu to death and then maybe delete them for some Vexed (X3) action. Maybe finish Ivory Tiles and shift so I can delete them and make room for some other games.

The games are so cheap I don't feel bad deleting them after I finish them. PixelCross was $3 or so and took me about 12 hours to beat, so that was money well spent. Picgrid cost me $2 and gave me two days of entertainment - I got my money's worth. The one game I'm not deleting is Puzzle Quest because I spent 40+ hours on it so far, but if I could save my hero and load him up later, that'd go too.

So now I just get games on sale instead of buying regular price until I finish the backlog of hundreds of games I have
03-06-2009, 05:20 PM
if i had money ill be buying more than i can play
ohhh if only i had money..

03-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Duh, of course I buy more than I play.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice post GatorDeb...I'm the say way. I've imposed a 7 page limit (initially it was 5 too) and I've kept things manageable. Honestly, I have a good amount free apps as well. There are plenty of instances where those are better than the paid ones. It is hard to finish games though especially with how much comes out every week. The other thing is that shelf life for most apps is relatively short in terms of buzz, and it's easy for many to get caught up in it.
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
No, I'm always trying to make every peny i spent worth. Unless the game is just awful.

Nexx Studio - iOS Games Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!
03-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Something I find very handy is Categories.

I can hide all 100 of my gaming apps in a neat little folder and not feel bad about buying them every time I log on!
03-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Story of my life.

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2
03-06-2009, 06:24 PM
I wish I wasn't buying more than I'm playing. I like the ideas that you two have about imposing a several page limit on your games/apps! I have NO space left and have 9 pages now. I can't believe it. I'm going to delete all the games I simply do not play or have interest in playing at the moment since I can always re-synch them at a later time.

I said a week ago or so that I was going to tighten my purse for bills, grocery money, etc so I have disappointed myself. The page limit will suit me well I think!
03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
You know how the iPotch (thank you pablo19) has restrictions on certain stuff, like 17+ apps and explicit songs? You should be able to restrict how many pages of apps you have. Apple probably won't get around to this, just something that would help...
03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I see something I might play on sale and I have to buy it. But then I don't have time to try them all right away! (I've had SimCity since it dropped to $5.99, but haven't fired it up yet!)