★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The most realistic pool experience on the iPad.

Including 5 different games:
8 BALL, 9 BALL and UK BLACK BALL (Eight Ball).
KILLER - The classic multiplayer game for up to 10 players.
OCTOKILLER - A unique version of Killer played on an octagonal table, where players eliminate each other by sinking their balls, with the last remaining player victorious.

Featuring:
Accurate and easy to use controls.
Shooting using finger swipe or power meter.
Authentic spin and swerve.
Realistic physics, such as a cue that raises to avoid balls and rails.
Rich, lifelike graphics featuring polygon smoothing - no more jagged 3D edges.
Official APA 8 Ball and 9 Ball rules, WEPF Black Ball rules, and official table/ball/pocket sizes.
Single player, 2 player or multiplayer modes.
Tournament play: Local Comp & World Championship.
3 table speeds
Play your own music in the background.
Resume your game after closing app.
Turn hints on/off.

Visit the site for videos of Killer Pool in action.

REVIEWS FOR THE iPHONE VERSION:
"one of the best games on the iPhone. 5/5 + Editors's Choice Award." Macworld.co.uk

"particularly impressive and realistic" toucharcade.com

"After looking at plenty of other pool
applications, I will say this is my personal favorite. 4/5" appVee.com

"If youre looking for a great pool experience, go with Killer Pool. 8/10" appcraver.com

"the best pool physics i've seen" iPhones.ru

"a great choice for your iPhone. 4/5" appletell.com

"The graphics and motion are beautifully rendered" geardiary.com

"Killer Pool is not only one of the best pool games available on the App Store, it is also one of the best iPhone games that I have played." iPhoneHacks.com
08-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Played the iPhone lite version and I was really impressed. I love the shooting mechanics.

Edit...went ahead and bought the HD version. I have only played one game but I am very impressed. Very nice graphics, smooth controls.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 08-19-2010 at 01:30 PM.

08-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Played the iPhone lite version and I was really impressed. I love the shooting mechanics.

Edit...went ahead and bought the HD version. I have only played one game but I am very impressed. Very nice graphics, smooth controls.
Good to know BT. I've tried almost all the pool games avail and they all lack something. Virtual Pool HD being the best so far.

I will def get this tonight and check it out. Your endorsements are always a good thing...

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
08-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM imagery View Post
Good to know BT. I've tried almost all the pool games avail and they all lack something. Virtual Pool HD being the best so far.

I will def get this tonight and check it out. Your endorsements are always a good thing...
Keep in mind, I have not played a lot of pool games. I tried the Namco HD pool game and didn't like it at all. You can always try the iPhone lite version of this game first.
08-19-2010, 03:26 PM
It's vague about online play.
08-20-2010, 12:05 AM
You know what, I went ahead and purchased this too.

There really isn't much choice out there comparatively, for many popular games. There isn't a good baseball, or basketball, or pool app that corners the market. It reminds me of the early days of the App Store, where so much money could be made by enterprising people who filled a niche market. GO GET 'EM!

Currently Playing: (iPad2) Angry Birds Space HD | MASS EFFECT INFILTRATOR | Hunters 2 | Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy | Flight Control Rocket | Azkend 2 HD: The World Beneath | rComplex | Zuma's Revenge HD | Rhianna Ford & The DaVinci Letter HD | Zepi:Spring HD | Reiner Knizia's Deck Buster | (iPhone) Doodle God
08-20-2010, 05:03 AM
Wuhoo,

My first iPad game - it took me long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post

Thanks BazookaTime, glad you're liking it. I was really happy that the iPad was powerful enough to smooth the polys - it looks SO much nicer.
08-20-2010, 07:52 AM
What (if any) online multiplayer features are there?
08-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse View Post
What (if any) online multiplayer features are there?
Hi icepulse, there is multiplayer on the same device (as you would expect), however no online multiplayer as yet.

I've never atempted to build a online game server, but might be trying soon for a different app. If it works, you will probably see it put into Killer Pool.

cheers

Morgan
08-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Got it last night and played a few games.

I will say that it's worth the price but a few comments:

I would like the option to see a ghosted cue ball at the end of the aiming line against the target ball. You can see and line up shots much better this way and also see if it can fit through openings. Ideally, this could be an option. As it is now, it replicates real life eyeing your shot which is not a bad thing.

I'd like to be able to move and aim the cue from the Top View and set my shot.

The spin option is very poor. You get a limited profile view and I can't seem to make top spin or back spin happen and there's no way to side spin. There should be a box with the cue ball in it and a dot that we can move around the cue ball. Virtual Pool HD gets this right as the stick can be moved anywhere on the cue ball to achieve the desired spin. This is a VERY important factor in billiards.

Also, the basic table seems unusually long and stretched.

The physics of the default "slow" table feels right and I can't see me ever changing that. Good job.

Again, for $2 it's a great addition and worth it, I'd just love to see some of those concerns addressed in updates - especially the spin option.

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...