★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sixth Anniversary for our classic shooting game!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thanks for your love to iFighter 1945. The game has been launched for six years since 2009. It is our honor as our fans were keep playing for it and we will try our best to keep developing great games for our fans, to thank for your long-lasting support and love.

Starting from today, iFighter 1945 will be FREE for all countries. Lets jump back to the history and fight for the honor in the World War II together!

"iFighter offers nothing more than a very slick and well designed vertical shooter for the iPhone that belongs in anyone's arcade collection." - Andrew Nesvadba, appspy.com (5/5)

"Great options for controls, great graphics and sound, and really well designed intensely epic boss battles. " - appsafari.com (4/5)

"Despite the two decades Ive lived, no vertical scrolling shooter has captivated me like iFighter." - Jeff Effendi, AppGamer.net (9/10)

"With its rocking original soundtrack and crisp graphics, this vertical 2D shooter has zoomed in and blasted the competition out of the sky." - AppSmile.com (5-Dimple)

"Personally, I thought Raiden kicked ass and now Im madly in love with iFighter. This game RULES!!" - Michael, iPhoneAppReviews.net

"iFighter is a game for vertical shooting game freaks on the iPhone..." - Andrew, iPhoneFootprint.com

As the ace pilot of the airforce in WWII, your mission is to destroy the secret weapon prototypes of the Nazis. Fasten your seat belt and get ready for some non-stop action!

Features:
- 3 difficulty settings
- 5 different fighters
- 4 control modes: motion, touch, joypad and relative
- 8 challenging missions
- original sound tracks
- spectacular end-of-level bosses

epicforce's comments:
08-31-2010 Update:
-------------------
New update V1.6 is available now!

08-24-2010 Update:
-------------------

iFighter 1945 has gone back to paid app at $0.99.

The new update has been submitted:

- 2 new challenging missions
- 2 new fighters
- Plus+ integration

Original post:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
iFighter was published long time ago with our old IDP account and it's time to move it to our proper IDP account with our other titles. We can't move the game straight into the new IDP account so we have to publish again with the new name iFighter 1945.

It's FREE now and we hope the old customers of iFighter can download it again so that they can get the updates later for free. If you or your friends have bought iFighter before, please download it again and spread the word for us. Thank you!

A new update is coming very soon, with more levels, different fighters and Plus+ support!

Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the update. Very cool that you're doing this for free! I bought this ages ago when it first came out, and I've been loving it ever since. I think it's among the best shmups on the iPhone and I'm really looking forward to the new update! Can you tease us with any details?

Oy! What are you playing at!

Current favs: The Incident, Chopper 2, Doodle God, Carcassonne
Classics: iFighter, Canabalt, Meteor Blitz, Zombieville USA, Minigore

08-20-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosui View Post
Thanks for the update. Very cool that you're doing this for free! I bought this ages ago when it first came out, and I've been loving it ever since. I think it's among the best shmups on the iPhone and I'm really looking forward to the new update! Can you tease us with any details?
The new update will include 2 newlevels, 3 different fighters to play with and Plus+ support

In fact this current version iFighter 1945, has a new relative control mode which is not in the original iFighter and also supporting the new iOS4 task-switching.

Our games: ChocChocPop, iFighter, Stone Wars, Super Laser, Caveman's Quest HD, iFighter 2: The Pacific 1942
Twitter: http://twitter.com/epicforce

Last edited by epicforce; 08-20-2010 at 02:31 AM.
08-20-2010, 05:04 AM
Thank you very much, epicforce!

iFighter was my first iPhone shmup and will always have a place in my heart.

Thanks again for the upcoming free update. Love your work.
08-20-2010, 05:35 AM
Picked this up on a whim a little while ago, didn't expect it to hold my interest for long, but has it ever! A really nice shmup. (Though pity it'll be getting Plus.) Everyone should pick this up while it's free, and definitely worth a buck or two as well.
08-20-2010, 06:28 AM
This game is seriously fantastic. One of the best shooters around.

Invaders Must Die.
08-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Agreeing with the honorable Gabrien and sammysin. Absolutely fantastic game.

Pick this up while it's free, and if you miss it, buy it! A game that definitely needs more attention.
08-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Looks good, will give it a go.
08-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Send a message via AIM to bLiNdSiDe
Looking forward to the plus+ integration.

Gamecenter / OpenFeint / plus+ / Crystal / Agon : blindside82
08-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Thanks a lot everyone! We're really thrilled to see so many people still remember iFighter after such a long time since its first release.

We're also very excited to see Stone Wars on the front page of TouchArcade. Thanks guys! Very much appreciated.

Our games: ChocChocPop, iFighter, Stone Wars, Super Laser, Caveman's Quest HD, iFighter 2: The Pacific 1942
Twitter: http://twitter.com/epicforce