Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz0r View Post
Where do I place the .deb file?
Anyone?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:51 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoksyXL View Post

I've been using zoddttd's nes, snes and genesis emu's for a while now, and where they work to an extent, they have really annoying features that zodttd won't fix.

The main problem in the emu's compared to your imame, is the landscape controlls. You have figured out how to implement them properly into your emulator, where as zodtts landscape controlls are too big on the screen, so when you try to play in landscape mode your fingers and thumbs cover the playing area.
Agreed on all of the above. I've been waiting for an SNES update for ever - and that's a PAID app. When using the wiimote, the oversized virtual control pad remains on screen in landscape mode which is pretty annoying. If you're using a wiimote, then it should automatically shut that obstruction down.

Looking forward to getting iMAME4all running tonight.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:39 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz0r View Post
Anyone?

The .deb file has to be sent to your phone via SSH, there seems to be a few ways of doing it but I chose to go the AutoInstall route...

SSH into your phone and navigate to Var/root/media, create a folder called Cydia inside the media folder then inside that create another folder called AutoInstall

place the .deb file inside the AutoInstall folder, reboot your device (hold the power button and home key till it resets and the app should appear on one of the pages on your phone/ipad) this is the first time ive used any .deb files and this is the way it worked for me, I did read you may need to respring your device too but this wasnt required when I done it, another thing to note is that when you create the folders mentioned above you have to type them exactly as I have as the folder names are case sensitive.

If your'e unsure about using this method I have seen that iMame4all is now available for download via Cydia anyway so you can just get it from there.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Rasterico; 08-20-2010 at 04:51 PM..
Old 08-20-2010, 04:48 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleuco View Post
Im working on that.. ill do... wiimote also
Wiimote support too? this is excellent news! I know I asked for it right from the start but I have to say that the control scheme you have implemented is absolutely brilliant anyway, i've never used such a responsive touch screen dpad in my life, the 3 button layout mentioned by StoksyXL is a great idea too.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:08 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveolddogs View Post
I installed it to try Joust. Although the ROM seems to load okay, I cannot get the game to run.

If anyone gets Joust to to work, please post here.
if you are getting to the screen that says "factory settings restored" and it just sits there, try resetting the rom... if you remember on mame4iphone, if you held the start and select buttons at the same time, it gave you an options list and then what you would do is scroll down to "reset game" and it would go back to this "settings restored" screen but it would then load the high score screen at which point you could "insert coins" and play!

does this mame4all have this reset option or any dip switch customization?

shade
Old 08-20-2010, 06:06 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterico View Post
The .deb file has to be sent to your phone via SSH, there seems to be a few ways of doing it but I chose to go the AutoInstall route...

SSH into your phone and navigate to Var/root/media, create a folder called Cydia inside the media folder then inside that create another folder called AutoInstall

place the .deb file inside the AutoInstall folder, reboot your device (hold the power button and home key till it resets and the app should appear on one of the pages on your phone/ipad) this is the first time ive used any .deb files and this is the way it worked for me, I did read you may need to respring your device too but this wasnt required when I done it, another thing to note is that when you create the folders mentioned above you have to type them exactly as I have as the folder names are case sensitive.

If your'e unsure about using this method I have seen that iMame4all is now available for download via Cydia anyway so you can just get it from there.

Hope this helps!
Many thanks. Works a treat.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoksyXL View Post
Thanks for the reply dude, and good to hear your working on those features i suggested for the next version, look forward to it. It runs well on my 3gs, so looking forward to trying it out on the iphone 4 in the coming weeks.

I've been using zoddttd's nes, snes and genesis emu's for a while now, and where they work to an extent, they have really annoying features that zodttd won't fix.

The main problem in the emu's compared to your imame, is the landscape controlls. You have figured out how to implement them properly into your emulator, where as zodtts landscape controlls are too big on the screen, so when you try to play in landscape mode your fingers and thumbs cover the playing area.

Also, i find your mame controlls more responsive too, plus the sound is way better.

So, i'm sure you could figure out a way to port snes and nes, making the sound and controlls better like you have done in imame.
I think ZodTTD is a very talented man... iMAME4all has not been possible without his work cos i examine his code when I started working with my other emulator iXpectrum...

That said, we are very different. He prefers to release a large number of emulators (which is good) but I am a perfectionist and I prefer to lock in a few things but feel I've done a good job...

Once i finished with iMAME4all i would like to put all these improvements on iXpectrum....

Also i have another emulator Xpectroid on android market that i I have a little left....

But do not rule in a timely mess with another emulator if I see a good response with iMAME4all

Old 08-21-2010, 02:35 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Hey Seleuco - wanted to thank you. Installed on my iPad this eve...transferred over a vast amount of roms. Just about everything I threw at it worked, and worked REAL well! I've been a MAME fan since it started many moons ago. When I got my iPad, this was something I had on my mind: emulation...the the perfect device for it. I can't wait for the wiimote support, and I just had request: Perhaps sometime in the future, there can be controls skinning? Would be great to have a top view of a traditional coin-op stick (red ball) and those bright colored buttons. Another skin could be a track ball...etc.. Just a thought. I'm so appreciative for what you've done already.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:54 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

ok am i missing something? oh my god could this thing be anymore complicated to install?

i download it.. no one tells me how to install it.. so i do 20 minutes of reearch to find out what to do with a Deb file.

then it turns out i need programs to run the deb file.. so another 20 minutes of research.

cant install the programs because i dont have AFC2 installed.

20 minutes later..still trying to figure out how to install AFC2.

spirit doesnt work.. cant use Iphuc.. cant use erica's utiltiies..this is by far the hardest thing ive ever had to install.

i feel ridiculously stupid for not being able to figure this out.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Now is available in Cydia...

Search iMAME4all... press button... easy install....