iMAME4all released

08-21-2010, 04:37 AM
Wiimote support would make this the best thing to come out on the iPad by miles. Fantastic work.
08-21-2010, 04:50 AM
thank you!

08-21-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm gonna chip in and say thank you too!
08-21-2010, 08:19 AM
alright time for confusion round 2.. i have like 500 roms on my Ipad. only about 20 of them work. appernatly i have to "update them"

is that an easy task? no.. no its not.

cant figure it out either. i downloaded clrmamepro and its nothing but cryptic and hidden information i will litterally pay 45 cents to someone who can write a step by step " do this this, download this, put this here. click this. done" tutorial.
08-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Rampage & other questions

Thanks Seleuco, seems great so far. I wish when I paid for Mame4iPhone I had donated to you instead, since it never worked well and now doesn't work at all on iPhone 4. Still I sent you a couple euro (you might want to put the paypal page in english ;-)...

I know Seleuco asked not to email him about specific ROMs but I wonder if we users can help each other out here in this thread.

I have a couple dozen older ROMs that all worked in Mame4iPhone. I believe they should all be 0.37x. Most seem to work (after running through test patterns on a couple.)

A couple do not work. The one I like the best is Rampage. It loads but the screen is cut off on, I think, all sides. That is only a portion of the screen is displayed. Do I need a different ROM or need to convert that ROM? Anyone else try that?

The only other (that I tested) that doesn't work at all is Altered Beast.

Also how do you start a 2 player game? (Or can you?) the small button at the bottom left inserts coins and the one on the bottom right starts 1 player game.

Also where is an explanation of the functions of the R1 & L1 buttons?

Finally, anyone want to contribute a nicer icon?

Last edited by rocklobster; 08-21-2010 at 09:23 AM.
08-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklobster View Post
Thanks Seleuco, seems great so far. I wish when I paid for Mame4iPhone I had donated to you instead, since it never worked well and now doesn't work at all on iPhone 4. Still I sent you a couple euro (you might want to put the paypal page in english ;-)...
That was a mistake from iXpectrum code... i will remove paypal page in next version... not needed really for iMAME4all... download iXpectrum instead

Quote:
I know Seleuco asked not to email him about specific ROMs but I wonder if we users can help each other out here in this thread.

I have a couple dozen older ROMs that all worked in Mame4iPhone. I believe they should all be 0.37x. Most seem to work (after running through test patterns on a couple.)

A couple do not work. The one I like the best is Rampage. It loads but the screen is cut off on, I think, all sides. That is only a portion of the screen is displayed. Do I need a different ROM or need to convert that ROM? Anyone else try that?
This is a known bug... im working on it....

Quote:
The only other (that I tested) that doesn't work at all is Altered Beast.
I'm only going to say this one time.. i know altered beast not works... and that's not like me... cos i like that game... man

Quote:
Also how do you start a 2 player game? (Or can you?) the small button at the bottom left inserts coins and the one on the bottom right starts 1 player game.

Also where is an explanation of the functions of the R1 & L1 buttons?

Finally, anyone want to contribute a nicer icon?
Please... read iMAME4all help.... it is answered there...

It would be nice a better icon... my GIMP skills are very limitated....
08-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleuco View Post
It would be nice a better icon... my GIMP skills are very limitated....
Thanks for all your answers! Look forward to updates, and I sent you 2 Euros, even in Portuguese.... They use Euros in Portugal? Used to love those escudos.... ;-)

As for an icon, for now I just ripped off the apple touch icon from this site:

http://toucharcade.com/apple-touch-icon.png

then replaced

/private/stash/var/Applications/iMAME4All.app/icon.png

with it via SFTP. (Then resprung....)

Much better!
08-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Err, i dont know what im doing wrong but i cant seem to get this working.
Installed it fine but when ever i put games (*.zip)into the ROMs/imame4all/roms they dont appear on the list once i run the emulator.

any help?
08-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutonium View Post
Installed it fine but when ever i put games (*.zip)into the ROMs/imame4all/roms they dont appear on the list once i run the emulator.

any help?
case of iMAME4all (vs imame4all)? You sure it's in the mobile/Media folder and not root/Media?
08-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Thanks for all your answers! Look forward to updates, and I sent you 2 Euros, even in Portuguese.... They use Euros in Portugal? Used to love those escudos.... ;-)

As for an icon, for now I just ripped off the apple touch icon from this site:

http://toucharcade.com/apple-touch-icon.png

then replaced

/private/stash/var/Applications/iMAME4All.app/icon.png

with it via SFTP. (Then resprung....)

Much better!

Good going man, replaced the icon with the old mame4iphone icon, much better now.