★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cio!

08-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Cio!

It looks kinda interesting, anybody tried it?
08-20-2010, 12:42 AM
CIO? I thought it was CEO.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

08-20-2010, 02:41 AM
I thought the same, but foundt this at wikipedia:

CIO - Chief Innovation Officer, the head of innovation, responsible for innovation management

08-20-2010, 08:31 AM
There are several CxO jobs, e.g. CFO (financial). The CEO is in charge of the whole company, the other CxOs handle specific tasks.
08-20-2010, 08:34 AM
i thought CIO was Chief Information Officer = IT which would fit with this !

looks interesting at any rate

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
08-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Looks very interesting! Reminds me of work (which is not necessarily a bad thing)...

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
08-21-2010, 02:30 AM
I got it because it looked interesting and I'm open for a good management game on the iPod. It's a pretty actiony game, really damn fast. Stuff keeps walking in through the door (staff, projects, viruses, supposedly also venture capital but I've never seen that) and you tap it to buy/do/remove it. Projects come with 1-4 phases (management, analysis, programming, testing) that are done by different staff members (unless you get super programmers who do analysis, programming and testing but they're rare and only appear in two locations). Staff members have experience levels that increase if they work on enough projects and determine the speed at which they work (super programmers are always at the highest level) but also their salary.

It's really hectic due to the speed at which stuff goes from the door to your desk and out of the game again. I sometimes accidentally tapped on an applicant instead of a project which meant I hired a dude (costs one salary right away) instead of taking the project. With more money you can get into better locations which come with more seats and spawn more valuable projects and staff (at your starting area you'll only get analysts and programmers with level 1 or 2 projects that net up to 20k$, in Cupertino you regularly have 1M$ projects walk into the door). To make it even more hectic your staff can get angry or bored and you have to tap them to make them continue working. At some point it ceases to be about thinking and just becomes about tapping projects as fast as you can.

After 7 years (at the end of each year you get to pick a location to work at) the game ends (if you haven't bankrupted your company before then) and you're placed on the highscore table.
08-21-2010, 07:36 AM
KDR,

Thanks for posting your impressions. I'm slowly warming over this game. The simplistic artwork reminds me of Larry Marder's Beanworld only in color. If you have any more posts you'd like to share as you progress through the game, please do so. However, I'd like to see a vid from the dev if possible.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
08-21-2010, 07:57 AM
For everyone, who hasn't ried yet (was an instabuy for me) - it's a well-made time-management-game which can get hectic, if you want to aim for the top worldwide scores.

You'll get used to the dynamics after two or three games, but if you don't want to frustrate yourself, I can only say stay withing the first offices at the start, until you know, what to do - when to projects get more complex and the decisions have to made within half a second or so

Grab this little game, it provides a lot of fun - but unfortunately it didn't last for long for me... I would buy it again, nevertheless because of the graphics and the good idea