★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gr8Bit
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Either you fake it or you break it, in Break City!

In this NES inspired 8-bit game you play the character of Maxi Shake, a B Boy who inspires to be the new King of Break City.

With the help of Mr Moneygrip you will break yourself through 5 challenging levels, on your way to the top.

* Original 8-bit NES palette graphics
* 8-bit sounds
* 8-bit breakdance beats
08-20-2010, 02:09 AM
You had me at 8-bit <3

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
08-20-2010, 02:26 AM
Looks cool but pretty gimmicky. Not really worth 99c imo

Add me on GameCenter (and every other network!) my user ID is kushykush on all of them!
08-20-2010, 02:49 AM
Ok, not much to see here.

The presentation and music is pretty cool. The NES vibe is very well done and the characters are funny.

Gameplay is pretty awful. It's like a sidescrolling beat 'em up type game. Dudes dressed like Run DMC walk towards you and throw cassette tapes at you (which for some reason pass right through you and do no damage). You can collect and throw cassette tapes of your own or do a headspin kick to fight these guys. You can also press down to do the worm but I have yet to discover what the point of this is besides being pretty funny.

The bad guys die in one hit, and after a bit of scrolling through the level beating them up you come across a boss type character who can be defeated very easily. Really shallow and simple.

And it's made with GameSalad.

Soooo, you might get a dollars worth of enjoyment out of the presentation alone, but to be honest it's a pretty terrible game. A shame cause it looked pretty cool :/

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
08-20-2010, 03:08 AM
Enviro Bear changed a lot about how games can look (on the iPhone) and you can get away with. Not that 8bit gaming doesnt existed before. You get my drift.

Little bit sad that this game is actually bad.

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -