★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Game Updates

10-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Game Updates

Hey there everyone. I was just wondering if anyone was on the same page as me. I noticed earlier that someone posted that Vector Ball 2.0 was out. I immediately grabbed it because I already owned it, but erased it from my device a couple of months ago. I loved the game, but I always thought it needed more. Now it seems, after trying it out, I'll be keeping this version for a while. I really like it. Anyways, my point is this: perhaps I wouldn't have noticed this game being updated so quickly, had someone not posted it here first. Sure. I could have opened the App Store on my phone and noticed it at the top of the list, but I usually browse new games and download from my computer. Had this game been on my phone, I would have certainly seen the update on the App Store icon. I realize that many of us, just as it has been said many times before by many people, buy games, decide that they're not ready to occupy one of those precious spots on one of the nine pages, or finish a game and get rid of it. It would be really helpful to have, in addition to the newly released games, and the price drops, updates as well. It's not a necessity of course, because it seems like we're all good at mentioning updates about some games on Touch Arcade. It's just my opinion, that it would be a nice addition to the growing list of apps in the "New Games" section. If I'm way off base here, I can take some constructive criticism. Just lay off the "Troll" remarks. This means you everydaynormalguy. JK! Thanks guys and gals.
10-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidovich View Post
Hey there everyone. I was just wondering if anyone was on the same page as me. I noticed earlier that someone posted that Vector Ball 2.0 was out. I immediately grabbed it because I already owned it, but erased it from my device a couple of months ago. I loved the game, but I always thought it needed more. Now it seems, after trying it out, I'll be keeping this version for a while. I really like it. Anyways, my point is this: perhaps I wouldn't have noticed this game being updated so quickly, had someone not posted it here first. Sure. I could have opened the App Store on my phone and noticed it at the top of the list, but I usually browse new games and download from my computer. Had this game been on my phone, I would have certainly seen the update on the App Store icon. I realize that many of us, just as it has been said many times before by many people, buy games, decide that they're not ready to occupy one of those precious spots on one of the nine pages, or finish a game and get rid of it. It would be really helpful to have, in addition to the newly released games, and the price drops, updates as well. It's not a necessity of course, because it seems like we're all good at mentioning updates about some games on Touch Arcade. It's just my opinion, that it would be a nice addition to the growing list of apps in the "New Games" section. If I'm way off base here, I can take some constructive criticism. Just lay off the "Troll" remarks. This means you everydaynormalguy. JK! Thanks guys and gals.
Just open iTunes and click "check for updates" in applications.
10-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Just lay off the "Troll" remarks. This means you everydaynormalguy. JK! Thanks guys and gals.
Dude, what the hell?...But yeah, an Updates section would be helpful. Especially since some apps dont show in ur ipod/iphone after a few minutes after it is released. And having to open iTunes to check for updates gets really annoying...
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Just lay off the "Troll" remarks. This means you everydaynormalguy. JK! Thanks guys and gals.
I laughed.
10-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
Just open iTunes and click "check for updates" in applications.
I guess that was my point. If you've erased the app then you won't have any notification for an update. I suppose you could erase the app from the device, but still keep it in iTunes, that way you'd see the update. I was just thinking of a more streamlined process since we all frequent Touch Arcade so much. Thanks.
10-19-2008, 09:17 PM
At this point I just check the updates in appshopper.com ; it's pretty easy to do, but it would be better if iTunes would let you know the apps that you purchased that have been updated.