★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SSMD e.K.
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.5 MB
  • Version: 2011.06
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The gaming surprise of the the year 2010 - exclusively for iPhone and iPod Touch.

"CELL: Wars is fun, challenging, full of background eye candy, and highly addicting. This is every bit worth forking over some lunch money for." - ThePortableGamer.com Review

Wipe out enemy discs and fight for survival in this non-stop action-packed game! CELL: Wars features stunning visuals, breathtaking physics and a thought oriented and tricky gameplay.

WELCOME TO CELL SERIES!
The new definition of high quality games. CELL: Wars is the first episode of this new surprising gaming series. More CELL games will follow here on iTunes.

TECHNOLOGY!
Pixel Exact FX Engine - PEFXE.
iOS 4 Multitasking enabled.

BLAST YOUR ENEMY!
If you don't he will.

GAMEPLAY!
In this action-packed turn-based strategy game you have to eliminate the enemy and target his Home-Base. Wipe out your opponent as fast as you can.

Hint: This game comes with a detailed tutorial. The complexity of rules may require you to play the tutorial more than once.

ssmd - coming to a pixel near you.
08-21-2010, 02:11 AM
AKA Gatter Cycles AKA Gatter Raid

It's been released and deleted from the app store several times, I got stuck with the first version (which got deleted after I gave it a 1 star review for being utterly incomprehensible, no idea what happened to the second one). The app description lists a ton of positive reviews except none of them actually exist (I tried to find some of them with Google). You have to figure out the rules by trial and error. The first user reviews were likely falsified as well since they were completely nonsensical (calling it a Tower Defense-like game).

Anyway, if anyone bought it these are the rules as far as I can tell:

A regular cycle can move one space per turn, cycles can be stacked. Stacks can move as many spaces as they have cycles in them, if you move less than that you only move as many cycles as you move spaces (e.g. a stack of 3 moving 2 spaces would split off a stack of two and move it there while the last cycle remains in place). Enemy cycles and stacks can be eliminated by moving a stack of equal or greater size on top of them (of course needing to move at least as many spaces).
The "king" cycle can eliminate any stack but can only move one space at a time. Like in chess if you lose the king you lose the game but unlike chess there is no check state, the game simply expects you to see that your king is threatened. Any number of cycles can eliminate the king.
If you move your king to the opponent's starting point for his king you win the game.
The tier seems to affect the AI's computing level but I haven't even managed to beat the lowest tier yet (I gave the review for the game before I had everything figured out, after all that wasn't easy to do).